Kia Parts Advisor Apprentice SG Petch
Would you like a career as a Parts Advisor working for Kia. Duties include: Liaising with customer, suppliers and mechanics to order car parts.
Closing date: 15 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
18 Jul 2022
15 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service? Do you want to join the UK's most exciting and dynamic car brand whose company ethos is "Family-like Care"? If the answer is "yes" then the Kia Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you.
Bells Kia are currently seeking a Parts Advisor Apprentice to join their dealership based in Bedford.
This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects. The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role.
Duties will include:
- Ordering car parts using on-line systems
- Chasing up missing or incorrect parts with suppliers
- Packaging and returning any unused/unwanted parts
- Regular communication with mechanics
- Liaising with customers to let them know when parts have arrived Inbound and outbound telephone calls
- Advice and guidance of products
- Drive the department forward with external sales and to maximise sales at every opportunity
- Working to a high level of customer service at all times and remain courteous and police to customers
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Have a keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- Mechanically minded
- Passionate about the automotive industry
- Forward thinking and keen to learn with an interest in development and progression
- Ability to use own initiative
- Must have a 'can do' attitude
- Polite and courteous
Minimum entry requirements: maths, English Language and ICT grades A*-C (new grading 9-4) or equivalent.
There is high potential of a permanent role with the organisation upon successful completion of your apprenticeship with room for progression. Your salary shall be reviewed throughout your apprenticeship.
About the employer
SG Petch are a family run multi-franchise car & van dealership with branches in Darlington, Durham, Middlesbrough, Richmond, and York.
We are very proud of our relationships with some of the world's leading automotive manufacturers. These long-standing associations enable us to bring you fantastic products and services.
SG Petch has been selling new and quality used cars to customers since 1977. We pride ourselves on putting our customers and their needs at the heart of everything we do by providing quality products, competitive prices, and an unbeatable sales and aftersales service.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
You will be required to attend the Kia Academy Training Centre in Nottingham for your 'Block Release' Training.
This will involve 4 separate 1 week blocks of training per 12 months of your apprenticeship.
This is funded as part of your apprenticeship and will include hotel stay, subsistence and travel. Service Advisor, Intermediate Apprenticeship (1 year). Standard Training will include:
- Nationally recognised qualifications IMI level 2 Certificate in Customer Service for the Automotive Industry
- ATA Accreditation Customer Service Advisor
- Bespoke Kia off-the-job training including certification to 'Silver' level Service Advisor
- Regular in dealer review and assessment visits
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.