Commis Chef Apprentice DAISY FAYS LIMITED
An apprenticeship opportunity has arisen to join Daisy Fays Nursery in Truro, as an Apprentice Chef. The role (based within a family run business) will help you to gain specialist knowledge and proficiency, as well as train towards a series of nationally recognised qualifications.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
03 Jan 2022
15 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Key responsibilities: To assist the chef with the day-to-day running of the kitchen and provide wholesome home-cooked meals and snacks for the children in the Nursery.
You will prepare, cook and present all dishes to the required standard, as well as assisting the Head Chef.
Your duties and responsibilities will primarily include:
- Helping to assist with preparation and cooking of food
- Preparing snacks
- Dishing up
- Washing up
- Safety and hygiene checks
- Stock rotation
- Maintaining a clean, tidy and safe working environment at all times
- Ensuring good communication channels with the team
- Adhering to personal appearance standards at all times
- Any other duties considered relevant to the role
Requirements and prospects
- Passionate about the job role
- Good time keeper
It would be very helpful if the person is willing / able to adapt quickly and to be a little flexible.
Applicants are expected to:
- Be punctual
- Work well within a team
- Be able to use their own initiative
- Be logical and able to solve problems
- Be pro-active and creative
- Diligent and organised
- Have a good sense of humour
- 2 GCSEs or equivalent at grade A-D 9/3 in English and mathematics are desirable but may not be essential
- Maths and English will be included in the apprenticeship, covered by block week sessions if exemptions cannot be provided
- For the right candidate, this is likely to become a permanent position with ongoing training and development.
Things to consider
- You must ensure you have suitable travel arrangements in place to get to work and to attend college.
- The next training cohort at Cornwall College Camborne commences in September 2021.
- The vacancy may close early if suitable candidates are found swiftly. All published dates can therefore be flexible and will be dependent on suitable candidates coming forward and registering appropriate interest.
- There is a bus stop and train station nearby.
About the employer
Daisy Fays nurseries are welcoming, family run, high quality childcare settings located in Truro and the surrounding areas.
We truly believe that the first five years of a child’s life are the most important and strive to create a ‘magical day through play’ every day. Each nursery is beautifully created with children in mind, boasting wonderful secure outside environments, large open plan rooms and a team of dedicated, nurturing, highly qualified practitioners who work closely with parents to ensure children’s learning needs are met.
Daisy Fays thrives on learning through play and so children follow a fantastic curriculum promoting discovery, exploration and adventure enabling your children to settle in quickly and make new friends.
Daisy Fays are OFSTED registered and employ a dedicated team who hold a range of qualifications ranging from level 3 to level 6 in Childcare, Qualified Teacher Status, Speech and Language, Forest School, Paediatric First Aid and Level 2 or above in Safeguarding. Our team are also DBS checked.
DAISY FAYS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cornwall College Business
Recruitment Team 01209 616269
- Intermediate apprenticeship standard Commis Chef
- As part of this apprenticeship, you will need to achieve the Level 2 Commis Chef qualification, before undertaking the final 'End Point Assessment'
- Assessor support will be provided in the workplace.
- College attendance will be required at our Camborne campus, so you will need to be able to get to this venue
- You will be required to undertake Functional Skills in English and mathematics (if not already held)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.