Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Coven Village Surgery
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an apprentice dental nurse. Join our friendly team at Coven Dental Practice.
Closing date: 12 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
13 Oct 2021
15 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The role of a Dental Nurse Apprentice encompasses:
- Preparing and maintaining the dental environment, including instruments, equipment, and materials
- Carrying out infection control and decontamination procedures
- Recording dental charting
- Preparing, mixing, and handling dental materials
- Providing chairside support to patients and the dentist
Requirements and prospects
- We expect a friendly, responsible, and positive attitude towards the role, the patients, and the dental team
- A Dental Nurse must be well presented and show a willingness to study and learn
- A team player with good written and verbal communication skills
- A Dental Nurse must maintain a high level of personal hygiene. This includes wearing a clean uniform everyday in the clinical environment and closed toed - flat heeled shoes. The uniform and work shoes are not to be worn outside of the clinical environment
- Any jewellery worn must comply with health and safety and professional requirements and is usually limited to one pair of stud earrings and a wedding band
- Fingernails must be clean, cut short, and free of nail polish and false nails
- Hair must be kept clean and tied back
- Make-up must be kept to a minimum and false eyelashes are not to be worn
GCSE or Functional Skills Level 2 or equivalent qualifications in English and maths are desired but not essential.
There are a wide range of opportunities available to enable registered dental nurses to extend their clinical duties and develop their knowledge and skills within particular areas of interest, for example:
- Dental radiography
- Oral health education
- Sedation dental nursing
- Orthodontic dental nursing
- Special care dental nursing
- Oral surgery dental nursing
- Taking dental impressions
- The application of topical fluoride
Dental nurses may also progress onto university to become a dental hygienist/therapist.
Things to consider
To work in a clinical setting, you must undertake immunisations for hepatitis B, pass a fit test for a FPP3 mask and have a clear DBS check.
- Work uniform must not be worn entering or leaving the Practice
- Footwear should be of a nature that protects the apprentice, flat closed toe shoes (not fabric)
- Work tunics/scrubs should be presentable and clean every day
About the employer
Coven Village Dental Surgery is a high standard practice based in the Codsall Area, offering NHS and private dental services as well as a friendly, welcoming manner.
Coven Village Surgery
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell College
Ruth Richardson 07981142826 email@example.com
- Lessons are delivered in the workplace or online by Sandwell College
- You will be trained in the City and Guilds Level 3 Dental Nurse Diploma
- Completion of this qualification will enable the candidate to apply to join the General Dental Council Register as a qualified Dental Nurse
- The Dental Practice will also provide the full-time in-house practical training required
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.