Apprentice Supply Chain Operative Lloyd's (Animal) Feeds Limited
Apprentice Supply Chain Operative required to operate industrial scale firewood machinery to produce large volumes of kiln dried firewood.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 42.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
24 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- To operate industrial scale firewood machinery to produce large volumes of kiln dried firewood
- To operate forklifts and manitous around the warehouse and site to manoeuvre stock where necessary
Requirements and prospects
- Experience in working in a warehouse environment is desirable, but not essential
- Experience in working within a wood-based industry is desirable, but not essential
- We are looking for individuals that can work within a team environment – that can follow instructions but to also show initiative
- We are looking for individuals that look for solutions and not problems
- We are looking to create a team that takes pride in their work and the role they play in creating a successful business and an enjoyable place to work
- Qualifications or licences to operate machinery, forklifts or manitous is desirable, but not essential
Post could become full-time for the right applicant.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
In March 2021, The Great British Log Company was awarded National Retailer of kiln dried fuel logs.
The Great British Log Company is one of the UK’s leading suppliers of firewood. We supply national firewood retailers, agricultural stores, building merchants, garden centres and garage forecourts.
We provide a professional approach to a traditional industry. This allows us to provide consistent and high quality firewood which is always responsibly sourced from British forests.
We believe in British business and are committed to supporting local forestry. This allows us to provide a sustainable and high quality product to our wholesale customers.
Additional location information
HEREFORDSHIRE AND LUDLOW COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by County Training
COUNTY TRAINING email@example.com
Supply Chain Warehouse Operative level 2 standard which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- End Point Assessment (EPA)
- Workplace assessment with one of County Training’s highly experienced workplace Assessors, including, as an example, completion of assignments, project and observation of workplace activities
- There may also be a requirement to attend formal teaching sessions to enhance knowledge or work towards completion of functional skills (if required)
- There is also a requirement for you to keep an off the job log which is an important part of your apprenticeship programme
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.