Business Administration Apprentice VOLUNTARY ACTION DONCASTER
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to start their career in the Voluntary Sector. You will be joining a small supportive team, providing administrative support and assistance.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
23 Sep 2021
15 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and confident person to join our small team. This is a unique opportunity. You will be a pivotal member of the team, gaining skills and qualifications to develop key administration skills. As the organisation grows there may be opportunities to take on additional responsibilities. This will be a home based role. It is important that applicants have good internet connections at home. Equipment (laptop and phone) will be provided.
The successful candidate will be highly adaptable to new working environments. Working remotely will mean that you will be confident enough to ask questions and seek guidance as and when you need to. You must have good attention to detail. This would be perfect for someone who is comfortable using IT and who is familiar with email, word processing, spreadsheets, databases and social media tools.
The role is exciting and multifaceted with duties including but not limited to:
- Office/admin support
- Dealing with enquiries
- Database upkeep and management . maintaining our Volunteer Hub - checking and approving registrations, Monitor and report on activity and respond to enquiries, Manage information and data, compiling information, running reports
- Appointment management and diary control.
- Creating and updating records.
- Handling enquiries by email, and telephone, assisting members and partners when required.
- Ensuring a high level of customer service by ensuring effective relationships with volunteers, partners and colleagues.
- Supporting the Board by arranging meetings, circulating the agenda and any relevant papers, attending meetings and taking minutes.
- Project support - Maintain and update project plans
- Maintaining a professional image at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- A Competent level of IT - able or willing to learn and use a range of applications including (word processing, spreadsheets, databases, websites, social media).
- to prepare documents, spreadsheets and forms
- Great communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- A willingness to learn
- Well organised with good timekeeping.
- A proactive approach
Minimum of 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C/ 9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English.
Possibility of full-time position upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Opportunity to grow the role and take on more responsibility
Things to consider
Please consider how you intend to travel to and from the place of work, if successful.
About the employer
Voluntary Action Doncaster membership organisation, representing the interests of the voluntary, community and faith sector across Doncaster. Everything we do aims to help the Voluntary, Community and Faith sector In Doncaster to be as strong, resilient and as sustainable as possible. We are developing a range of membership services to support a very diverse group of organisations in serving the needs of local residents.
We also work with the voluntary, community and public sectors, supporting organisations to develop volunteering opportunities and their volunteering programmes.
We encourage and develop good practice in volunteer involvement, so that volunteering is open to everyone and is positive and beneficial for all involved.
Total Training Provision
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Total Training Provision
Michelle Martin email@example.com
Full training in a variety of essential skills, working towards the Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.