Apprentice Home Care Assistant Radfield Home Care Ltd
Support clients living in their own home to remain living independently
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2021
14 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- To help clients with mobility problems and other physical disabilities including incontinence to use and look after aids and personal equipment. With minor dressings, bed nursing, help with bed, dressing, undressing, washing, bathing and using the toilet.
- To care for clients who are temporarily sick and may need assistance with minor dressings, bed nursing, help with feeding, toileting etc.
- To help care for clients who are dying.
- To help promote mental and physical well-being of our clients through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- To undertake light household tasks, changing beds, tidying rooms, light cleaning and emptying commodes.
- Assist with washing clothes and ironing if requested.
- To prepare and serve meals; assist clients with eating and drinking; wash up, tidy and clean the kitchen.
- To read and write reports, and take part in staff and client meeting and training activities as directed.
- To maintain the highest standards of hygiene at all times and use personal protective equipment provided. Report any illness to the office so that the correct infection prevention and control procedures can be followed.
- To comply with Radfield Home Care’s guidelines and policies at all times.
- To encourage clients to remain as independent as possible.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to be caring, sensitive and patient while supporting people to be as independent as possible.
- Keen to work with people who RHC supports and demonstrate empathy.
- Enthusiasm to make difference to people’s lives
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills to understand guidelines, policies and records etc.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain discretion at all times.
- Ability to listen and understand and respond to people, always putting the person that's being supported first.
- Commitment to working in a caring led environment.
- Commitment to exceptional standards of client care.
- Flexibility and adaptable approach to work.
No qualifications required. You will gain a qualification with this role.
Potential progression to Field Coordinator
Things to consider
- Able to drive and access to a vehicle.
- Work on a rota basis which includes mornings, evenings and every other weekend.
- Ability to work on your own.
- You will be completing a qualification / apprenticeship.
About the employer
At Radfield Home Care we aim to be exceptional by providing the very highest standard of care and support for people who cannot wholly look after themselves.
This means that we want to empower our home care assistants to go above and beyond for our clients to ensure that the are looked after in the best way possible
Additional location information
RIVERSIDE TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Riverside Training Ltd
- Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker
- Any Job Specific Training (as necessary)
- Functional Skills (if required)
- Medication and other training.
Lead adult care worker
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.