Early Years Level 2 Apprenticeship Caedmon Primary School
A great opportunity to develop in a busy, friendly school with lots going on! A very successful Primary School in Gateshead and a chance to gain heaps of experience, skills and a qualification. Caedmon are looking for a dedicated early years’ assistant to work out of their nursery primarily but who is also prepared to support the key stages.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
14 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To work under the direct instruction of teaching / senior staff, to support access to learning for pupils and provide general support to the Teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom. Work will usually be carried out in the class with the Teacher
Key Tasks of the Post:
You will provide support to pupils:
- You will attend to the pupils’ personal needs, and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters
- Supervise and support pupils ensure their safety and access to learning
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the Teacher.
- Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriately
You will provide support for the Teacher:
- You will prepare classroom as directed for lessons, clear away afterwards and assist with the display of pupil’s work
- Be aware of the pupil problems / progress / achievements and report to the Teacher as agreed
- Undertake pupil record keeping as requested
- Support the Teacher in managing pupil behaviour and reporting difficulties as appropriate
- Gather / report information from / to parents / careers as directed
- Provide clerical / administrative support e.g. photocopying, typing, filing, collecting money etc.
You will provide support for the curriculum:
- You will support pupils to understand instruction
- Support pupils in respect of local and national learning strategies e.g. literacy, numeracy, KS3, early years as directed by the Teacher
- Support pupils in using basic ICT as directed
- Prepare and maintain equipment / resource as directed by the Teacher and assist pupils in their use
You will provide support for the school:
- You will be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Contribute to the overall ethos / work / aims of the school
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtimes
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to procedure an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure and Barring Service.
All employees have responsibility to undertake training and development as required. They also have a responsibility to assist, where appropriate and necessary, with the training and development of fellow employees.
All employees have a responsibility of care for their own and others’ health and safety. The above list is not exhaustive and other duties may be attached to the post from time to time. Variation may also occur to the duties and responsibilities without changing the general character of the post.
Requirements and prospects
- Must enjoy working with young children
- Share a real passion for child development
- Willing to be flexible and receptive to change
- Reliable and punctual
- Desire to develop
- Honest and trustworthy
- Maths and English, GCSE Grade 9-4 (A*-C) or equivalent
- To be arranged
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Values and Ethos:
Welcome to the Caedmon Primary School website. We are extremely proud of our school. Please explore our website and discover the exciting things that have been happening.
At Caedmon Primary School, we are committed to being an open, supportive and professional team who are committed to ensuring that every child succeeds.
We aim to create a positive atmosphere of trust, mutual respect and high expectations between pupils, staff, parents and other professionals.
We are determined to ensure that we provide a happy, safe and calm environment where children behave well and develop into confident, creative and independent learners.
As well as all of the above, we want all of our children to develop the 'Caedmon Characteristics.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by LearningSkills
Alex Helm 0191 433 8761 email@example.com
Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Maths and English to Level 2 required, if not already achieved
- Ongoing assessment by the employer and provider – for example meetings with apprentice, employer and learning provider, observations of workplace, gathering evidence
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour in relation to: customer service principles and practices, planning, regulation, responsibility and IT, business principles, customer communication and health and safety
- Undertake a self-assessment in the last month of their apprenticeship to enable them to see whether they are confident that they have taken on board all aspects of the occupation
- This self-assessment must be submitted to the independent end point assessor as a source of evidence to prepare for independent End Point Assessment which will include multiple choice assessment; showcase portfolio of learning and interview; presentation of a project
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.