Learning Support Assistant Apprentice Hampton Primary School
Hampton Primary School seek an apprentice to work under the direct instruction of teaching/senior staff, usually in the classroom with a Teacher, to support access to learning for pupils in the Foundation Stage (4-5 year olds) and provide general support to the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
15 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning.
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the Teacher.
- Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate.
- Prepare classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards and assist with the display of pupils work.
- Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievements/and report to the Teacher as agreed.
- Support the Teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate.
- Gather/report information from/to parents/carers as directed.
- Support pupils to understand instructions.
- Support pupils in respect of school curriculum, e.g. literacy, numeracy, early years, as directed by the Teacher.
- Support pupils in using basic ICT as directed.
- Prepare and maintain equipment/resources as directed by the Teacher and assist pupils in their use.
- Be aware of and comply with the policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtimes as may be reasonably directed, dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures.
- Accompany Teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as may be reasonably directed.
- Respecting confidential issues linked to home/students/teacher/school work and to keep confidences as appropriate.
Requirements and prospects
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Ability to use basic technology – computer, video, photocopier.
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these.
- Committed and reliable.
- Ability to relate well to both children and adults.
- Good team worker.
- Ability to travel to work.
5 x GCSE grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent qualifications.
- Full-time employment within the organisation.
- Diploma of Higher Education / Foundation Degree (Level 4/5).
Things to consider
Hampton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS.
Holiday leave will not be granted during term-time. These apprenticeships are over a 23 month period (Sept 2021-July 2023).
Applicants must show commitment to their role and have an excellent attendance record.
£4.50p/h rising to £5.00p/h subject to 3 months successful probation. The second year of the apprenticeship will be paid at £5.50p/h or minimum wage if applicable (age dependent).
Please note that the weekly wage is term-time only and excludes holiday pay. Salary is paid in 12 equal monthly instalments.
About the employer
Hampton is a large inclusive and nurturing school, providing education and care for children between 3 and 11 years of age. We have an incredible learning environment and large, fully equipped and vibrant classrooms. Our highly motivated staff work hard to ensure all children feel successful and can reach their potential in all they do. The extensive grounds provide additional enriched learning opportunities for children to continue to grow and develop through the wide range of sporting facilities, multi-gym and our incredible forest school provision.
PROFILE DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Profile Development and Training
Ian Pearce 07554435343 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard.
- Functional skills in English and Maths at level 2 if required.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.