Food and Beverage / Team Member Apprentice Apprenticeship Fistral Beach Hotel
Fistral Beach Hotel in Newquay, is proud to be able to offer a passionate and motivated individual the opportunity to work front of house, becoming a highly skilled and proficient team member.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
03 Jan 2022
14 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The hotel is looking for an apprentice to join their Front of House team who will further themselves to become a part of the team and look to secure a permanent position upon completion of the apprenticeship within the Hotel group.
Daily duties will cover:
- Greeting Guests and Customers
- Cutlery and Glass Care
- Running food
- Cleaning tables
- Serving drinks - hot and cold
- Food and drink service
- Taking orders
- Learning the menu
- Learning drinks
As your skills grow, you will develop even further within the Food and Beverage Service role, benefiting from training and support every step of the way.
Requirements and prospects
Applicants are expected to have:
- A keen desire to deliver excellent customer service
- A willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Patience and a positive outlook
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good common sense
Applicants are expected to:
- Be able to use their own initiative
- Be logical and able to solve problems
- Be pro-active and creative
- Diligent and organised
- Be punctual
- Have a good sense of humour
- Work well within a team
- 2 GCSEs at grade A-D 9/3 in English and Mathematics (or equivalent) are desirable but may not be essential.
Further progression and an employment opportunity will be discussed upon completion of this apprenticeship. This may be with the hotel or sister hotels.
Things to consider
The employer is extremely committed to training.
This position is available for a September start, though earlier employment opportunities may be considered.
£5.50 per hour. Extra hours beyond the 30 may be offered.
The vacancy may close early IF a suitable candidate is found. All published dates can therefore be flexible and will be dependent on suitable candidates coming forward and registering appropriate interest.
About the employer
The Fistral Beach Hotel has jaw-dropping ocean views, the ultimate backdrop for wild Cornish adventures, coastal getaways and romantic weekends.
With tables looking out to some of the best views in Cornwall, the Fistral Beach Hotel offers the perfect place to eat, so whether it's a celebratory evening with friends or a romantic table for two, they are serving the best of the Bay in unforgettable surroundings.
The menu changes regularly along with the wine list to ensure that they are getting the very best in local fruit, seafood and vegetables. They are passionate about food and their dedication, skill and knowledge results in a menu and a dining experience which reflects the restaurant's ambience - relaxed and very much rooted in its ocean side location.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cornwall College Business
Recruitment Team 01209 616269
- As part of this apprenticeship, you will need to achieve the Level 2 Team Member qualification, before undertaking the final End Point Assessment
- Assessor support will be provided in the workplace
- College attendance at Cornwall College Camborne will be required one day per week
- You will be required to undertake Functional Skills Level 2 in English and mathematics (if not already held)
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.