Commis Chef Apprenticeship Fistral Beach Hotel
This is an entry level job that will teach you about life in the kitchen. As a commis chef you’ll be doing all of the preparation work for the more senior chefs. This is an incredible opportunity to learn everything you can about the art – and it really is an art – of cooking.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
03 Jan 2022
14 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Fistral Beach Hotel is looking for an apprentice to join their kitchen team who will further themselves to become a part of the team and secure a permanent position upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Daily duties will include:
- Vegetable and pastry preparation
- Covering 4 sections within the kitchen
- Stock rotation
- Fridge Temperatures
- Use of Safer Food Better Business
- Portion Control
- Ensuring that all food hygiene procedures are adhered to at all times
- Maintaining a clean, tidy and safe working environment
- Ensuring good communication channels with the team
- Any other duties considered relevant to the role, as requested by the kitchen team/management
As your skills grow, the company will develop you through the various sections in the kitchen, providing training and support at every step of the way.
Requirements and prospects
Applicants are expected to have:
- A keen desire and passion for cooking
- A willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Patience and a positive outlook
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good common sense
Applicants are expected to:
- Be able to use their own initiative
- Be logical and able to solve problems
- Be pro-active and creative
- Diligent and organised
- Be punctual
- Have a good sense of humour
- Work well within a team
- 2 GCSEs at grade A-D/9-3 in English and Mathematics (or equivalent) are desirable but may not be essential
Further progression and an employment opportunity will be discussed upon completion of this apprenticeship.
Things to consider
A kitchen is a hot and fast-paced environment all year round.
The employer is extremely committed to training.
This position is available for a September start, though earlier employment opportunities may be considered.
£5.50 per hour. Extra hours beyond the 30 may be offered.
The vacancy may close early IF a suitable candidate is found. All published dates can therefore be flexible and will be dependent on suitable candidates coming forward and registering appropriate interest.
About the employer
The Fistral Beach Hotel has jaw-dropping ocean views, the ultimate backdrop for wild Cornish adventures, coastal getaways and romantic weekends.
With tables looking out to some of the best views in Cornwall, the Fistral Beach Hotel offers the perfect place to eat, so whether it's a celebratory evening with friends or a romantic table for two, they are serving the best of the Bay in unforgettable surroundings.
The menu changes regularly along with the wine list to ensure that they are getting the very best in local fruit, seafood and vegetables. They are passionate about food and their dedication, skill and knowledge results in a menu and a dining experience which reflects the restaurant's ambience - relaxed and very much rooted in its ocean side location.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cornwall College Business
Recruitment Team 01209 616269
- Intermediate apprenticeship standard Commis Chef
- As part of this apprenticeship, you will need to achieve the Level 2 Commis Chef qualification, before undertaking the final End Point Assessment
- Assessor support will be provided in the workplace.
- College attendance will be required at our Camborne campus, so you will need to be able to get to this venue
- You will be required to undertake Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Mathematics (if not already held)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.