Grounds Maintenance Apprentice Beechwood Industries Ltd
This role will consist of providing a high level of service to our existing clients which consists of schools, hospitals, domestic and a wide variety of other commercial clients. During the winter months you may have the opportunity to work with other departments in the company to further your own personal development.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
14 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Responsibilities will include:
- Grass cutting using various types of machinery
- Grass strimming
- Hedge and shrub pruning
- Leaf collecting
- Jet washing
- Assisting team leaders with delivering a high standard of works for commercial and domestic clients
- Other general grounds maintenance tasks as required
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Reasonable level of physical fitness and not afraid of hard work
- Approachable and friendly (a good sense of humour also helps)
- Willingness to work in all weathers
- Positive mental attitude and a team player
- Desire to learn and thrive in the industry
- Respond to instruction well
- Ability to use own initiative
- Attention the detail and pride in your own work
- Ability to follow and comply with all Health & Safety requirements
Desired qualifications for a Level 2 Apprenticeship:
- GCSEs at grades E/2 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be offered a full-time role as a landscape operative earning around £20K per year. Further training will be provided and will be aimed at you eventually becoming a team leader within the company.
The company also has tree surgery and grounds maintenance departments and owns a plant nursery, providing opportunities for you to expand your skillset even further if you wish.
The company is committed to providing career advancement opportunities for its staff and has recently promoted more experienced operatives into management roles.
Things to consider
You must be able to get to the company premises by 08:00.
You will be expected to attend Reaseheath college one day per week (there are various methods of public transport that service the college).
Holding a full and current driving licence would be advantageous.
Off-the-job training must make up at least 20% of the apprentice’s contracted hours, over the total duration of the apprentice’s planned training period.
About the employer
Beechwood are a multi-disciplined, young, and rapidly expanding company who truly appreciate the value of its employees. We firmly believe that creating a positive and enjoyable working environment contributes to the level of service that we provide to our clients.
Our director is a former student of Reaseheath and has built a successful company providing services for a wide variety of commercial and domestics clients based on these principals.
Beechwood Industries Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Reaseheath College
Level 2 Horticulture and Landscape Operative apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Reaseheath Training will be the apprenticeship training provider for this Apprenticeship. The employer will give guidance and support throughout and a mentor will be assigned to you.
Off-the-job training must make up at least 20% of the apprentice’s contracted hours, over the total duration of the apprentice’s planned training period. Reaseheath Training also offer optional extra industry qualifications at additional cost.
Horticulture or landscape operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.