Apprentice Vehicle Accident Repair Technician G WOOLACOTT & SON LIMITED
Do you want a dynamic and exciting career in the automotive industry? Fix Auto are offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Accident Repair Technician to join their busy bodyshop in Newton Abbey. Learning how to provide industry leading repair services to clients and provide them with support during the repair process.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2021
14 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive training, while in full-time employment. A Multi-Skilled Vehicle Accident Repair Technician repairs all elements of a vehicle after it has taken some type of collision damage.
This will involve learning the skills required to take an accident damaged vehicle through various stages of repair to the pre-accident condition. These fall into three main areas of skills training:
- MET-Mechanical, Electrical & Trim. Candidates will learn strip and refit processes of all main vehicle systems including air conditioning, vehicle alignment and Hybrid & Electric vehicle systems.
- Panel-repair. Candidates will learn to repair bodywork by replacing panels, filling defects and carrying out techniques such as welding, bond and riveting and correcting misalignment.
- Paint-surface repair. Candidates will learn how to prepare surfaces and carry out paint refinishing through the following techniques; sealing, masking, priming, application of base coat & lacquer, repairing defects and polishing.
Duties will include:
- Accurately and skilfully undertake all aspects of the motor vehicle body repair.
- Detect and diagnose any additional faults for further repair.
- Working under direct supervision at all times to achieve full competence and qualification.
- Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with manufacturer and British Standard industry guidelines
- Any other ad hoc duties and when required
Requirements and prospects
- Manual skills
- Eager to learn
- Team work
- Mechanically minded
- Interest in the body shop environment
- Keen interest in the automotive industry
- 4 GCSEs at A* - D / 9 to 3 including maths and English Language (or equivalent).
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the role holder will progress to full-time employment with the company.
About the employer
Fix Auto Newton Abbot is an expert in car body repair and collision repair for all types of vehicles. Our body shop in Heathfield guarantees your cars body repair for life. Being part of Fix Auto's international network of body shops, we have established a reputation respected by many insurers. If you are from Heathfield or elsewhere, call or visit our repair centre in Heathfield for a free estimate on any accident repair or car body repair.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Accident repair technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.