Commis Chef Apprentice St Austell Golf Club
A superb opportunity has arisen to join St. Austell Golf Club as an Apprentice Chef. The role will help you to establish a career within the hospitality industry, to gain specialist knowledge, skills and expertise, as well as train towards a series of nationally recognised qualifications.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
14 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
St. Austell Golf Club are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the team as an apprentice.
You will be working in the kitchen alongside the Head Chef who will mentor you through the kitchen and menu.
Daily duties will vary according to the needs of the business, but will generally consist of the following:
- Food Preparation
- Food Service
- Washing Up
- Temperature Checks
- Stock Rotation
- Using Safer Food Better Business
- General Kitchen Duties
Any other duties considered relevant to the role, as requested by the kitchen team/management.
The business is just outside of St Austell with a bus stop nearby.
College attendance will be one day a week, carried out at St Austell College.
Requirements and prospects
- The ideal apprentice has great communication skills, so that you are able to liaise with your colleagues and customers in a polite and friendly manner
- You keenly ask questions, share ideas and take feedback on your performance, as this will help to improve your abilities
- You also have good organisational skills so you are always on time, keep your work areas tidy and you can prioritise your workload
- Passion for food is essential
It would be very helpful if the person is willing/able to adapt quickly and to be a little flexible.
Applicants are expected to:
- Be punctual
- Work well within a team
- Be able to use their own initiative
- Be logical and able to solve problems
- Be pro-active and creative
- Diligent and organised
- Have a good sense of humour
- 2 GCSEs or equivalent at grade A-D/9-3 in English and mathematics are desirable but may not be essential
- Maths and English will be included in the apprenticeship, covered by block week sessions if exemptions cannot be provided
There will be the opportunity of a permanent position upon full completion of the apprenticeship. We are looking for someone to join our team and progress within the business.
Things to consider
- The employer is very supportive and is extremely committed to training
- No two days will be the same
- The business is close to St Austell, reliability is essential
- 50% staff discount is offered off food
- Soft drinks are provided
- Free parking
- A kitchen is a hot and fast-paced environment all year round
- The vacancy may close early if suitable candidates are found swiftly
- All published dates can therefore be flexible and will be dependent on suitable candidates coming forward and registering appropriate interest
- £5.50 per hour is offered, whilst on the apprenticeship programme
- The next training cohort commences at Cornwall College St. Austell in September 2021. There may be employment roles discussed in advance of this date
About the employer
Golf in Cornwall at our 18 hole, 6,042 yard par 69 parkland course with wonderful countryside views - a challenge to golfers of all levels!
We are a warm and friendly members club. Our 18 hole golf course in Cornwall, designed by James Braid is located just outside St. Austell in Cornwall.
We are situated half a mile down Tregongeeves Lane which is a left turn off the A390 to Truro. We are ideally situated to welcome visitors from all over Cornwall and the Southwest. Whether you are coming for a day out, arranging a corporate or society day, or considering becoming a member of a golf club, St. Austell Golf Club offers a warm and friendly welcoming atmosphere, and a course that appeals to golfers of all levels.
St Austell Golf Club
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cornwall College Business
Recruitment Team 01209 616269
- Intermediate apprenticeship standard Commis Chef
- As part of this apprenticeship, you will need to achieve the Level 2 Commis Chef qualification, before undertaking the final 'End Point Assessment'
- Assessor support will be provided in the workplace
- College attendance will be required at our St. Austell campus, so you will need to be able to get to this venue
- You will be required to undertake Functional Skills in English and mathematics (if not already held)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.