Advanced Mechanical Machining Apprenticeship Helix Precision Machining Ltd
CNC apprentice machinist including Milling / Turning. Setting, programming and operating the machine.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
27 Sep 2021
14 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties to include:
- Apprentice training in CNC milling & Turning
- Setting and operating CNC machines
- Using Edgecam – CADCAM software
- Programming CNC machines
- Working to company procedures
- Understanding engineering manufacturing drawings
- Understanding cutting data for different materials
Requirements and prospects
- Methodical with a high attention to detail
- Able to work as part of a small team as well as on their own initiative
- Excellent communication skills, good IT skills and preferably an interest in science and engineering
- Good core GCSEs or equivalents are essential
- Enthusiasm for and interest in engineering
- Commitment to the work and maintaining and developing the organization’s reputation and customer base
- Ability to work with others and enjoy team working
- Pro-active and positive attitude applied to all tasks – large and small
- Demonstrable ability to work accurately with high precision
- Ability to follow instruction and work to schedule
- Ability to maximize own productivity and make efficient use of time
- Flexible – able to work across a number of different machines and adapt daily routine according to changing customer demands
- Commitment to continued learning and development
No experience required as full training will be given however some experience would be beneficial in the field’s background.
Candidate should have GCSEs grades A-C/7-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity of full time employment upon completion of the advanced apprenticeship if available.
About the employer
Since its inception in 2003 Helix Precision has developed into one of the leading precision engineering companies in the north of England producing precision components and one off fully assembled products to a broad and varied customer base. Helix Precision was established in Hull in 2003 by Lee Sansam and Matthew Branton. The aim was to provide customers from varied industrial sectors with a reliable high quality service. This is achieved by the day to day running of the company being controlled by the Directors who own the company. The Directors believe a highly skilled and dedicated workforce is the key to ensuring customer satisfaction. Helix Precision has experienced rapid growth due to its continual investment in the latest CNC machinery and software, stringent quality control and its unrivalled customer service. Helix operates from a world class manufacturing site in the U.K.
KINGSTON UPON HULL CITY COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kingston upon Hull City Council
Holly Dodson 01482 615270 email@example.com
- Standard in Engineering Technician
- Functional Skills at Level 2 if required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.