Commis Chef Apprentice The Moorings
To be part of a busy kitchen team, learn key skills, assisting food preparation. Learn all the basics from meat, fish and veg prep, handling deliveries, stock rotation, maintain food safety and personal hygiene standards.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
11 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes.
- Working with the head chef to develop specials and menu ideas.
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene.
- Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation.
- Measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately.
- Completing company due diligence and training.
Requirements and prospects
- Good positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn.
- Behave in a approachable manner.
- Passionate about food.
- A lot of stamina.
- Quick learner.
Ideally GCSE or equivalent in English and maths grade C/4 and above but upskilling is available.
A full time commis chef job to start working towards being a chef de partie.
Things to consider
The role requires long days and hours on your standing, It’s a physically
demanding job. But, if you love food and chef banter, it can be very rewarding.
About the employer
Epicure is a family run business, with three sites over Warwickshire and Worcestershire. They are passionate about food and great service and constantly strive for perfection. They are always looking for ways to improve and evolve the business.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Solihull College
Bryan Anderson 01789266245 email@example.com
- Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard.
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required.
- End point assessment.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.