Data Technician Apprentice – Level 3 Middlesbrough College
Middlesbrough College are looking for a hardworking, motivated and determined individual to join their team. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Data Technician Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
£8,273.20 - £9,543.65
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
12 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- To actively contribute to the College’s Strategic Plan and in particular the ambition to become an outstanding provider of education and training.
- To hold and actively demonstrate the College’s Core Values in all that you do. Aim high, work hard, take responsibility, do what’s right, respect others, challenge yourself, take pride
- To commit to the College’s Safeguarding Policy and promote a safe environment for children, young people and vulnerable adults within the College.
Post Holder's Responsibilities:
- Source data from a collection of already identified trusted sources in a secure manner.
- Collate and format data to facilitate processing and presentation for review and further advanced analysis by others.
- Present data for review and analysis by others, using required medium for example tables, charts and graphs.
- Blend data by combining data from various sources and formats to explore its relevance for the business needs.
- Analyse simple and complex structured and unstructured data to support business outcomes using basic statistical methods to analyse the data.
- Validate results of analysis using various techniques, e.g. cross checking, to identify faults in data results and to ensure data quality.
- Communicate results verbally, through reports and technical documentation and tailoring the message for the audience.
- Store, manage and share data securely in a compliant manner.
- Collaborate with people both internally and externally at all levels with a view to creating value from data.
- Practise continuous self-learning to keep up to date with technological developments to enhance relevant skills and take responsibility for own professional development.
Requirements and prospects
- Microsoft Excel (desirable)
- Analytically minded, with a thorough and organised approach
- Able to manage own time to meet deadlines and manage stakeholder expectations
- Able to work independently and take responsibility
- Good communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Genuine desire to learn
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Polite and courteous
- Value difference and be sensitive to the needs of others
- At least 5 GCSEs graded 4/C or above (Including GCSE mathematics grade 5/B or above and GCSE English Language grade 4/C or above).
- Do not hold an existing qualification at a higher level in a similar subject (e.g. a degree).
Potential of being taken on full time upon completion of apprenticeship
Things to consider
This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships. Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship. For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills. Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview. Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days. Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed.
Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.30 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £6.45 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.70 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
The Leading College in the Tees Valley! Our focus is to equip you with the education, skills and training to progress into employment or higher education when you leave us. That’s why 95% of all the full time students that completed courses with us last summer have already secured employment, an apprenticeship or are accessing further study at College or University.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
- Level 3 qualification as a Data Technician
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.