Business Administration Apprentice BRIDGE CHEESE LTD
Administration Apprentice required to undertake a wide variety of duties in relation to the warehouse operations including arranging deliveries, liaising with transport providers, customers, creating pick lists and despatch notes, purchase orders, booking transport.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
05 Oct 2021
12 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This role offers a wide variety of duties and will include the following:
- First point of contact with third party hauliers in arranging deliveries to / returns from customers
- First point of contact for queries from transport providers
- Working to ensure customer delivery requirements are maintained and followed
- Liaise with Account Managers when dealing with customer queries
- Sales orders - create pick lists for warehouse on SAGE, annotate pallet numbers to orders on SAGE when pick sheet is received from the Warehouse and following any amendments to quantities for despatch, create despatch notes on SAGE, match paperwork together and pass for invoicing
- Keep / request up-do-date rate cards for transport companies
- Using SAGE to raise purchase orders for transport / carriers
- Book transport / carriers via email or portal
- Raise collection notes / returns notes
- Check purchase orders for transport, courier, Chamber of Commerce and Vet services against supplier invoices, approve / query these, 'receive goods' on SAGE when approved
- Keep records of Chep Pallecons leaving / returning site and maintain a reconciliation
- Dealing with confidential information
- Holiday and sickness cover for customer service, reception and purchasing
- Reporting to Supply Chain Coordinator
Requirements and prospects
- No previous experience is required but must have good numeracy ability
- Good verbal and written communications
- Confident ICT skills
- Pleasant telephone manner
- Able to work independently as well as with other team members
- Good attention to detail
- Reliable and dependable
- Willingness to learn and commit to this apprenticeship
Minimum GCSE or equivalent grades A*-C or 9-5 in English, maths, and ICT.
There will be an opportunity to progress to a full time role as Logistics Coordinator.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Bridge Cheese is a UK company located in Telford, Shropshire that is focused on working on behalf of our customers in the cheese industry. By gaining an in-depth understanding of customer requirements, they are motivated, not only to meet, but to exceed expectations. They offer a full range of cheese in multiple formats and weights.
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by IN-COMM TRAINING ACADEMY SHROPSHIRE LIMITED
Sue Fisher 01922 457686
- Business Administrator Level 3 standard
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills Workbook
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
- 20% off the job training at The Marches Centre of Manufacturing and Technology, in Bridgnorth.
- Functional Skills to be provided if required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.