Finance Apprentice Hanley Castle High School
Excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual working in the finance team for an over subscribed Secondary School and Sixth Form.
Closing date: 28 Jul 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
02 Aug 2021
12 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Assisting with processing purchase orders and invoices on a weekly basis.
- Scanning and filing of all invoices
- Dealing with supplier queries and assisting with monthly supplier statement reconciliations.
- Review of outstanding orders and associated queries.
- Assisting with processing sales invoices, issuing statements and ensuring prompt payment in line with payment terms.
- Assisting with weekly banking of cash / cheques and online payments.
- Collecting and checking of trip payments, ensuring all monies received on time and monitoring costing against actuals and reporting back to trip leaders.
- Processing staff expenses.
- Produce reports for Heads of Department on actual costs against budget explaining variances and assisting with queries from budget holders on a monthly basis.
- Assist with monthly management accounts and journals where needed.
- Assist in completion of monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations including debtors and creditors and trip analyses.
- Assist with annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Support year end accounts production within agreed deadlines
Requirements and prospects
Computer Literate, good written and verbal communication skills, works well as part of a team.
Enthusiastic, motivated, willingness to get stuck in and grow with the role, works well as part of a team.
GCSE maths and English or equivalent grade 5/C or above
Potential for the role to become permanent for the right individual, and to grow in the role with future development.
Things to consider
This is a term-time only role PLUS an additional 10 days (including TEDs).
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The HUET is a cross-phase multi-academy trust (MAT) comprised of Hanley Castle High School, Kempsey Primary School and the Hanley Swan St Gabriel’s with St Mary’s C of E Primary School founded in 2017.
The HUET provides a strong core of schools in the area with a shared ethos of excellence and family values. In addition, it seeks to build closer links with other schools in order to improve further the quality of educational provision for all children in its geographical area and beyond.
The MAT provides high quality educational provision for our children from the ages of 4 to 19. The founding emphasis is on autonomy for strong schools, retaining the distinctive nature of each school.
HEREFORDSHIRE GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Herefordshire Group Training Association
Training through HWGTA normally comprises of five days per week in company with one day release as and when required at our Training Centre at McKenzie Way WR4 9GN, doing an appropriate course of study. Functional Skills Maths, English (if required)
A monthly monitoring visit in company will also take place, during which we make ourselves available for discussion about any special training that may be useful to you, and to identify and resolve problems if they arise.
At the end of your training period you will be put through to an end point assessment with an external verifier where you will showcase and evidence your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
In addition, the training programme includes an optional 5-day team building residential course, usually held in April/May each year.
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.