Level 2 - Furniture Manufacturer Apprentice (Modern Upholsterer) Vispring Ltd
A Furniture Manufacturer Apprentice (Bed manufacturing) will be part of a team. The apprentice will learn all the knowledge and key skills associated with the manufacture of mattresses.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2021
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
13 Sep 2021
17 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The apprentice will be trained in various operations using hand skills, each discipline has a full module covering all aspects including Health and Safety. There is a full appointed trainer for each discipline.
- The apprentice will manufacture bespoke hand crafted products
- They will be operating on an individual or team basis
- The apprentice will be involved in all aspects of making mattress from stitching
- Quality checks
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent attention to detail - this is the most important skill
- Everything else can be taught
- Good manual dexterity
- Good interpersonal skills
- Defined level in maths and English to assist in reading and applying work instructions and job tickets
- Desire to work in a creative and busy atmosphere
- Excellent timekeeping
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to work hard, take responsibility for personal performace and quality
- Able to take direction, follow standard procedures and show initiative for development
There are no formal requirements for this qualification, However, it would be an advantage to have GCSE’s in the 4 to 9 (A* to C) range or equivalent for English and maths, but this is not essential as you will complete Functional Skills as part of the apprenticeship if necessary.
Progression to full time employment with the possible potential of progressing to a supervisory or manangement role. The potential apprentice will be trained in various aspects of our hand-crafted luxury beds.
Things to consider
The work will all take place inside, there are excellent conditions of work. No one works anymore than a 2 hour period through the day. 2 x 15 minute breaks in the morning and 1 x 15 minute break in the afternoon. Staff canteen available on site with vending machines.
About the employer
Bridgwater & Taunton College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bridgwater & Taunton College
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.