Apprentice Nursery Assistant Red Kite Day Care Nursery Limited
A hardworking and enthusiastic Apprentice Nursery Assistant is required at a successful Children’s day nursery in Knaresborough. This is an excellent opportunity for any individual interested in starting a career in Childcare.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
11 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will be provided with the chance to “earn and learn” in a privately owned childcare provider in Knaresborough. You will be given the opportunity to gain and develop new skills and experiences, whilst working towards a Level 2 qualification in Childcare.
Duties will include:
- To meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework
- To work with babies and young children
- To work towards and achieve qualifications in childcare
- To be a part of a team and support other staff
- Assist on trips and activities
- Assess children’s development
- Supervise sleep times
- To ensure that the provision of childcare meets the needs of the individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds and stages of development
- To promote and work to Health and Safety standards and upkeep hygiene and cleanliness standards at all times
- To provide and promote a high standard of childcare
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work as part of a team
- You need to show the ability to develop excellent communication and relationships with children, parents and colleagues
- You must have good time management skills; you must be a punctual person and be on time for work
- You must be well presented and reliable
- Successful candidates will have a lot of patience and have a caring approach
Maths and English GCSE at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) is desirable.
- Achievement of this pathway will enable apprentices to access higher level jobs within the sector, e.g. Nursery Supervisor, Nursery Manager, Pre-school Manager/Co-ordinator, etc.
- There is also opportunity for apprentices to go on to further study at higher levels, particularly working towards Foundation Degrees in Early Years. This in turn will support the achievement of early Years Professional Status (Graduate level)
Things to consider
Please consider the location of this setting before applying.
Interviews will initially be a short telephone interview and if your application is progressed you will be required to have an online interview with the nursery owner via Zoom.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
About the employer
We are a family run nursery in Knaresborough, North Yorkshire. The nursery has being established 26 years and was formally called Thistle Hill. We are located in a quiet setting with beautiful gardens, away from any main roads. We have a safe surrounding with a fully secure buzz and entry system building.
FW SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FW Solutions Limited
Harvey 01423638169 firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
Apprenticeships are delivered in the workplace and 20% of your working time will be dedicated to 'Off the Job Training'. You will be allocated a personal Teaching and Learning Co-ordinator and will have access to our online study area where you will find all your assessment materials.
Your Teaching and Learning Co-ordinator will provide you with personal tutorial support and assessment at pre-arranged times.
Assessment is through a variety of methods including observations in the workplace, witness testimonies, product evidence, and professional discussions. All evidence will be logged to your electronic portfolio.
- Intermediate apprenticeship for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills Level 1 in maths, English (where applicable)
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.