Apprentice Hair Professional OCEAN HAIR SPA LIMITED
We have a fantastic opportunity in a local hairdressing salon for a Hair Professional Apprentice. This position is ideal for anyone wanting to pursue a career in this creative and fast passed industry. You will be trained in basic hairdressing skills and reception duties and will be expected to provide a professional customer service.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
15 Oct 2021
11 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
A Hair Professional Apprentice will be trained in the following duties:
- Making client bookings
- Welcoming clients and making them feel comfortable
- Taking payments for services and product sales
- Presenting a professional image of yourself and the salon
Basic salon duties:
- Preparing clients for the stylist by shampooing
- Conditioning and rinsing hair
- Ensuring the salon environment is clean and tidy and conforming to health and safety requirements
- You will also be able to conduct consultations with clients to establish their needs
Assisting the stylist with client’s requirements such as:
- Styling hair
Requirements and prospects
Apprentices are expected to have excellent time keeping skills, good communication and organisational skills and be able to work using their own initiative.
Apprentices are required to have a positive, flexible attitude and be enthusiastic. Hair Professionals must also promote a positive and professional image of themselves and their salon.
- GCSE Grade 3-9/D-A* in Maths (or equivalent)
- GCSE Grade 3-9/D-A* in English (or equivalent)
Potential for progression to level 3 apprenticeship or employment for the right candidate.
Things to consider
The need to be flexible is very important as salon appointments and client requirements can change at short notice. You may be required to work evenings and weekends.
About the employer
Ocean hair Spa is inspired by nature. It combines the intelligence of hair craftsmanship with the knowledge of premium haircare service. A hair spa experience that invites clients to truly relax and unwind in the safe hands of the professional hair artisans. View their Instagram account: @oceanhairspa
OCEAN HAIR SPA LIMITED
NORTH WARWICKSHIRE AND HINCKLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North Warwickshire & South Leicestershire College
The Apprenticeship will consist of the following training elements:
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals
- Functional Skill in Maths Level 2
- Functional Skill in English Level 2
Training will be delivered via day release to our Nuneaton Campus and Assessor visits to the salon. You may also be required to attend additionally for maths & English (subject to current levels of achievement).
On the job training will be provided by the employer.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.