Teaching Assistant Apprentice Windmill Primary
Windmill Academy is a vibrant, positive learning community. It is a privilege to work with such enthusiastic, respectful children, supportive families, and a highly committed staff team. Together, our aim is to be the best learning community we can be to enable all of our learners to embrace challenge and high aspirations.
Closing date: 17 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2021
13 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to begin a career in education. Working primarily with children aged 4-11 the roles and responsibilities will include the following (under guidance of the teacher):
- Set up and prepare learning activities
- Set up the classroom and learning environment
- Support lesson preparation
- Plan and prepare interventions for small groups of learners
- Help supervise the children in the classroom and playground
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement
- Assist with the planning of learning activities
- Build and maintain positive relationships with other teachers, staff, and parents
- Monitor pupils' responses to learning activities and accurately record achievements/progress as directed
- Supporting with classroom display
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be based at the employers address most of the time. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments and any mandatory training.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good English and mathematical skills
- Good interpersonal skills with adults and children from all different backgrounds.
- Excellent timekeeping skills
- Ability to explain things clearly
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Possible permanent position upon completion of this apprenticeship.
About the employer
Windmill L.E.A.D. Academy officially opened its doors as a new school on February 1st, 2013, replacing the previous Windmill Primary School. Windmill is a sponsored academy and is part of the L.E.A.D. Multi-Academy Trust. Based in the vibrant, multicultural area of Sneinton, just outside of Nottingham City centre.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA) as part of the programme
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.