Apprentice Logistics Coordinator FMC CHEMICALS LIMITED
FMC Chemicals Limited have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice to work within the Supply Chain & Logistics department of our chemical manufacturing plant based in Bromborough, Wirral. You will work towards a Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Feb 2022
13 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The successful applicant will become part of our small Supply chain & Logistics team and will learn and develop a range of key skills to help with the smooth running of our operations.
Some of the duties will include:
- Generating shipping documents for our chemical product sales and equipment movements
- Liaising with hauliers and freight forwarders as necessary
- Receipting raw materials and goods which are used in our manufacturing processes
- Running open orders reports and addressing discrepancies
- Validating freight and warehouse invoices from suppliers and investigating discrepancies
- Managing supplier complaints
- Gathering data and generating reports for internal stakeholders and government agencies
- Up-dating and maintaining technical records within our equipment database
- Compiling supplier On Time In Full (OTIF) reports from carrier delivery data
- Up-dating transit times for freight lanes
- Undertaking special projects as required
Due to insurance purposes applicants must be 18+ years of age.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of Microsoft Office packages, Excel, Outlook, and Word are highly desirable
- Knowledge of SAP will be an advantage
- Organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- High degree of accuracy/numeracy and attention to detail
- Ability to collate information and generate detailed reports
- Capability to understand and carry out instructions on complex tasks
- Smart professional appearance
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Reliability and able to manage time effectively and prioritise workload accordingly
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector, and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full-time employment.
Things to consider
Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted.
All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance.
Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer.
On successful appointment:
You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave.
This is a weekly/monthly paid post.
You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work.
You must work with your Specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability.
You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures.
You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding.
Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled.
About the employer
FMC Chemicals manufactures a range of specialty lithium-based compounds which are used by our polymer, pharmaceutical and agrochemical customers around the world. Our Bromborough site is one of five global manufacturing sites which is strategically positioned to support the EMEA sales region.
FMC CHEMICALS LIMITED
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Leoni Nath 01623 627 191 Leoni.Nath@wnc.ac.uk
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009.
With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious, and highly skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships, and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete maths, English, and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employee Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice. Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this, or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.