Apprentice Teaching Assistant Holyrood Academy Trust
We are looking for someone who shares our commitment to ensuring that the young people we serve receive the best possible standard of education. You will join a positive and hard-working team. We are a school that values the building of positive and compassionate relationships with students with high aspiration, quality classroom delivery.
Closing date: 20 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 31.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
14 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
There will be a requirement to attend training 1 day a week on a rolling three-week timetable in Taunton or Dillington House in Ilminster. If undertaking functional skills you will have two weeks training and one week back at your employer.
Under the guidance and direction of Learning Support Department and subject teacher, you will develop, maintain and apply knowledge and understanding of students’ general and specific learning needs by ensuring that support is given to them at an appropriate level.
Learning support is delivered individually and in groups through a range of tasks, mainly:
- Supporting and directing tasks, clarifying and explaining instructions.
- Focus support in areas needing improvement, both academic, behaviour and social.
- Motivate and encourage students to concentrate on and fulfil the tasks set.
- Undertake learning activities with students of varying abilities to ensure differentiation and access to the curriculum
- Seek to ensure the promotion and reinforcement of students’ self-esteem, appropriate levels of effort and behaviour and to guide students to become independent learners.
- Contribute to and assist in the development and monitoring of systems for review and recording of student’s progress.
- Accompany students on Educational Visits
- Attend and contribute to school staff meetings and in-service training events, within contracted hours or outside normal hours by agreement.
- Provide care and supervision of students within the classroom, within the school and outside of the school.
- Assume sole supervision of whole classes for short periods in the absence of the teacher, but only when it is essential for the teacher to leave a class, such as in emergency type situations. This would not be expected in the case of inexperienced Teaching Assistants
- Undertake a key worker role when required.
- Assist with students with exam access arrangements as directed by SENCO
- Attend review meetings on students, including annual reviews
- Attend regular liaison meetings with members of the Student Services Team
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to support and encourage learners in the 11-18 age range is essential.
- Experience of other ICT packages i.e. PowerPoint, SIMs Working knowledge of ICT, such as e-mail, computerised diary/calendar.
- First Aid at work qualification or willingness to undergo training.
- Full clean driving licence
- Good written, verbal and listening
- Strong passion and enthusiasm for young people’s learning and development needs
- Experience of communicating in an appropriate, concise and accurate manner, orally and on paper
- Experience of communicating in an appropriate, concise and accurate manner, orally and on paper.
- To be approachable, friendly and be able to communicate well and in a respectful manner to work as part of a team.
- Adaptable and reliable/ flexible approach to working
- Appreciation of necessity for confidentiality and integrity
- Awareness of necessity forappropriate boundaries
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to inspire and enthuse young people
- Committed to equality of opportunity
To have 5 GCSE’s A-C or 9-4 to include Maths and English or suitable alternatives
Successful completion of the apprenticeship can lead to progression onto the Teaching Degree and may lead to employment.
Things to consider
- Apprenticeship offers are subject to two references
- Transport to and from Employer and Training venues
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check performed by the employer.
About the employer
At Holyrood, our beliefs about education are very simple: we believe that every student, regardless of background or ability, should be supported and challenged to achieve the very best they can. Academic achievement is of paramount importance here and education has a unique power to unlock doors to opportunities in the future - this is the core purpose of Holyrood. Holyrood has a diverse and extremely talented student body, of which we are very proud.
We are a comprehensive school and as such we are absolutely committed to making sure that every child's ambitions are nurtured and encouraged. Alongside this and of equal importance is the wider set of opportunities that students get to experience success on the stage, in the art studio, on a trip or on the sports field.
Holyrood Academy Trust
SOMERSET COUNTY COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Somerset Centre For Integrated Learning
SCIL +443001231967 email@example.com
Advanced Apprenticeship in Teaching assistant to include...
- Level 3 Teaching assistant standard.
- Functional Skills English and Maths.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.