Apprentice Butcher A F Blakemore & Son Ltd
An excellent opportunity has arisen to work for AF Blakemore in their butchery department. The Apprentice will be involved in all aspects of the receiving, processing and assembly of products to customer requirements.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
£184.80 to £356.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
12 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties to include;
- The accurate checking and recording of all goods received and the immediate transfer to the correct temperature-controlled storage area
- Checking all products for quality
- Ensuring all critical control points are monitored in accordance with the company HACCP plan
- Adhering to stock rotational procedures always
- The accurate cutting, packing and labelling of all products
- The accurate assembly of customers’ orders
- Ensuring that all approved methods and systems regarding food handling/hygiene are adhered to within the department, to prevent contamination/spoilage of product
- Control of unauthorised personnel within the department
- Maintaining the highest levels of both general and personal cleanliness
Requirements and prospects
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to learn new skills, reliably follow instructions, be able to produce accurate work within agreed timescales and have strong organisational and planning skills
- Good communication skills
- The successful candidate will be a team player, customer focused and dedicated to providing the best service possible, will demonstrate integrity and a strong work ethic
- Grade C/4 or equivalent in English and maths is essential
- Food Hygiene certification is preferred but not essential
- Health and Safety certification is preferred but not essential
To be decided upon completion of training.
Things to consider
The role will require weekend work. The role may require heavy lifting, exposure to cold environments and prolonged periods of activity with little rest.
The candidate will need to be physically able to carry out the demands of the role.
About the employer
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is one of the largest and most forward-thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 8,200 people with a turnover of circa £1.3 billion.
A.F. Blakemore now entails retail, wholesale, distribution and shop fitting operations amongst its divisions.
A.F. Blakemore is the largest division of SPAR UK, owning 290 SPAR stores and serving more than 1,000 in total across England and Wales. The company is also the largest member of the Landmark Wholesale group and a significant supplier to the independent grocery sector across the UK.
A.F. Blakemore has always been committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with integrity. Underpinning everything that A.F. Blakemore does is the company’s values statement, the Blakemore Way. This highlights what A.F. Blakemore stands for and the way that the company has always done and will continue to do business.
Performance Through People
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Performance Through People
The Apprenticeship works 01922 651100 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Butcher apprenticeship standard
- Level 2 Food Safety Award
- Level 2 Health & Safety in the Food Supply Chain Award
- Level 2 Knife Skills Award
- Functional skills in maths and English if required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.