Commis chef Jolly Sailor
Motivated and hardworking individuals with a passion for catering who are looking for an opportunity to work in a professional kitchen handling fresh food and work alongside experienced chefs. You need to be detail focused and be passionate about delivering honest, fresh, wholesome British food.
Closing date: 12 Oct 2021
£129.00 - £253.50
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
12 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Motivated and hardworking individuals with a passion for catering who are looking for an opportunity to work in a professional kitchen handling fresh food and work alongside experienced chefs. You need to be detail focused and be passionate about delivering honest, fresh, wholesome British food. Excellent communications and prioritising skills as well as enjoying a large volume outlet are key to the successful completion of this role.
- Communicate effectively with all employees and customers
- Cook and replenish items on the carvery, speedily and appropriate to trade levels
- Assist on desserts and the cook line, cooking, and plating menu items, as required
- Present the carvery and plated menu items with finesse, passion, and pride
- Food prep to include salad items, mise en place of section for service
- Work on pot wash occasionally, washing dishes, plates, and pans
- Keep your work area to a good hygiene standard throughout and at the end of service
- Assist in the daily and weekly cleaning duties as required
- Put away orders and adhere to correct stock rotation methods – first in first out, new stock goes behind old stock
- Correct recording of wastage and stock
- Satisfaction of all E.H.O. requirements relating to health and hygiene, due diligence, temperatures, allergens, stock rotation, storage, and preparation of food.
- Any other duties as instructed and required by senior chefs and management
Requirements and prospects
- Customer service experience
- Eager to learn
No formal qualifications are required
Possible full time position with the company
Things to consider
- You will be provided with free food on shift
About the employer
We’re a family friendly, heart of the community, premium carvery pub!
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Macclesfield College
Maxim Business Training 01625410000 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship Qualification
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.