Apprentice Kitchen Sales Designer Howdens Joinery Co
Develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours to plan, design and sell the full range of Howdens Joinery products, using computer aided design (CAD). To keep in mind the safety and practicality, with the objective of achieving and exceeding depot and company sales and growth targets.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
11 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As an Apprentice Kitchen Sales Designer, you will learn to undertake all tasks and responsibilities of the Kitchen Sales Designer role.
- To plan and design inspirational kitchens using the Company’s range of products
- You will be required to visit sites to measure and evaluate the customer’s needs
- To effectively communicate with builders and the end user, amending plans as required
- An essential part of this role is using your product knowledge confidently, to ensure that you deal with customer enquiries before, during and after sales
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety Regulations whilst in the depot and while on site visits
- To provide the customer with enough choice, advice and aftersales to leave a lasting impression of the Depot
- To achieve and exceed individual and Depot targets
- To negotiate prices ensuring you are maintaining growth on your margin
- Manage and maintain your own lead bank, keeping it updated and staying in contact with the customer
- To provide potential and existing customers with the highest level of service
- To assist with any other reasonable request to fulfil the requirements of the business and smooth operation of the depot
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities but outlines the main points of the role.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely progress with the off the job apprenticeship work
- Positive customer feedback and progress through 1-2-1 reviews
- Sales revenue generated from kitchen plans
- Targets met or exceeded
- Completion of the Apprenticeship Standard or Framework, supported by the training provider
- To dedicate time to apprenticeship related independent studies, development, and assignments
- Prioritisation and staying organised particularly during busy periods, daily tasks, and additional responsibilities.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and fellow team members, while working towards your individual targets
- Constantly reviewing the new products and staying commercially aware demonstrating credible product knowledge
- Manage your lead bank to reach its full potential, providing excellent customer service and staying in contact with the customer during the process
- Effectively influencing the customer and making persuasive recommendations on how to proceed with their kitchen design needs and closing the sale
- Maintaining a high calibre of work at all times, whilst staying organised and motivated in a positive manner
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to pay attention to detail, while being organised and committed
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Able to prioritise own workload
- Good communication skills
- Creative flair
- You must hold a full valid UK driving licence, or currently be learning to drive, and have access to your own vehicle for business use (visiting clients)
- A desire to learn and progress your career
- Commitment to completing the apprenticeship
- Must be self-motivated with a positive attitude
English and maths GCSE or equivalent is desirable; if evidence of this is not provided at the outset English and Maths functional skills Level 1 & 2 will need to be achieved prior to completion of the apprenticeship.
Progression within Howdens, and the depot.
Things to consider
All employees must not, without permission, disclose any information regarding staff. In instances where it is known that a member of staff has communicated information to unauthorised persons, those staff may be liable to disciplinary action up to and including summary dismissal.
About the employer
Howdens Joinery is the UK's largest manufacturer and supplier of fitted kitchens, appliances and joinery products from local stock, with almost 700 Depots Nationwide.
Howdens Joinery Co
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Didac Limited
Annalise Morris 0800 773 4230 email@example.com
As a Level 3 Fitted Furniture Design Technician you will learn how to:
- Work safely at all times following relevant legislation and regulations and ensuring the safety of self and others
- Plan, organise and manage furniture design and/or installation projects from conception to completion
- Create suitable fitted furniture designs and concepts for furniture to be installed meeting customer requirements
- Present fitted furniture designs to customers in order to get buy-in and agree next stages
- Survey locations accurately in order to produce suitable designs for furniture to be installed
- Provide accurate quotes to customers, cost and price fitted furniture concept designs using quoting software systems in order to secure sales
- Maintain fitted furniture retail showrooms in good condition in order to gain customers interest in products and services
- Deliver on fitted furniture sales targets and enhance opportunities for further income growth.
- Provide an effective fitted furniture after-sales service to customers to maintain and enhance business reputation and secure repeat business
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, customers and other relevant stakeholders
- Deliver excellent customer service, realise and maintain customer expectations when working in a fitted furniture design environment
Fitted furniture design technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.