Hairdressing Apprenticeship Saks Hair & Beauty
A fantastic opportunity to become a Hairdressing Apprentice in Saks DL, a stylish, contemporary hair salon located in Leeds.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
11 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The objective of Saks DL in Leeds is to attract and maintain gifted hair stylists to complement the existing highly trained team.
Full training will be given by Saks Apprenticeships, which will lead to gaining Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals.
- Answering telephone enquiries
- Greeting customers
- Assisting stylists
- Shampooing and general salon duties
Requirements and prospects
- No experience required as full training will be given
- Must have good customer service skills and be of smart appearance as this is a customer facing role
- Eager to learn
- A keen interest in Hairdressing
No formal qualifications required.
To gain a Level 2 qualification in Hairdressing with possible progression onto a Level 3 in Hairdressing.
Things to consider
As an apprentice you are required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week and receive a minimum of 20% of your working hours in off the job training.
As you come to the end of your Hairdressing Apprenticeship you will be required to carry out an independent end test which you will need to pass to complete your qualification. The end test (also known as a trade test) includes a six hour practical exam of two models to include:
- Shampooing condition and a treatment
- One creative re style cut
- One blow dry
- A hair up
- One setting technique
- A colour and lightening technique which must include a minimum of a T section highlights
- One other colouring technique
About the employer
Welcome to our Saks Hair and Beauty in Leeds. Our aim is to transform the way our customers look and feel, each and every day, making sure you leave our salon feeling a million dollars. Whether it’s a cut or colour, our experts get to the heart of what it is clients want to achieve.
SAKS (EDUCATION) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Saks Education Ltd
Amy Donlan 01325 341596 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training to be provided in salon and Level 2 training in Hairdressing delivered on site by Saks Apprenticeships
- The Level 2 qualification in Hairdressing includes: consultation, shampoo/condition and treating the hair, cutting hair using a range of techniques, style and finish and colouring and lightening hair
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.