Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship Dental Nursing x 2 TSA Dental Care
TSA Dental are looking for a friendly Apprentice Dental Nurse to join their team of expertise at their modern practice based in West Bridgford, Nottingham. If you are looking to start your career as a dental nurse, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2021
11 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The wage is advertised as the apprenticeship minimum of £4.30 per hour, however, this may be negotiable for the right candidate.
The Practice Opening hours are Monday 8am to 7.30am, Tuesday to Friday 8am to 6pm. Your 37 hours per week includes your fortnightly day release at college starting September and also any additional time off the job spent on training.
Within this role as apprentice dental nurse, you will gain exposure to a multitude of treatments and develop a full range of skills and experience pivotal to becoming a successful and qualified dental nurse. If you are professional, confident and keen to pursue a career in the dental industry, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Duties within the role include:
- Working chairside, with a dentist/hygienist in a busy dental practice
- To ensure health and safety is adhered to at all times in surgery
- To be professional at all times
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort
- To be aware of all health & safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the dental practice
- Portray a professional and positive image of the dental practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty
Requirements and prospects
- Effective teamwork and communication using a range of skills
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility for initiating and completing tasks
- An understanding of impact of their work on others
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and to multi-task in an organised manner
- Friendly and approachable
- Commitment to ensure patients receives the best possible service
- To have an interest in the medical/healthcare environment
- Confident and a willingness to learn
- A*-C (9-4) GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent)
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Mixed NHS & Private practice. Established for 15 years providing routine dental services.
Welcome to TSa Dental Care in West Bridgford!
Nothing is more beautiful than a healthy smile. It looks great to those around you and makes you feel good. TSa Care Ltd is providing wide range of services to keep your teeth healthy in the long term.
From preventative care to tooth replacement, we offer the entire range of modern dentistry services to keep your teeth healthy and beautiful throughout your life. Our skilled and friendly team uses state-of-the-art technology to ensure you receive the best possible comprehensive care. You can trust our services and our intuitive gentle touch.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
- Dental Nurse Apprenticeship standard Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths OR English if required
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
College day release is fortnightly due to commence September 2021.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.