Apprentice Teaching Assistant Henhurst Ridge Primary Academy
This is an excellent opportunity for you to establish a career in childcare at our friendly school. We are looking for two apprentices to join our team.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2021
11 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This is an excellent opportunity for you to establish a career in childcare at our friendly school.
You must be cheerful, hardworking and responsible. The role will mainly
Daily duties may include but are not limited to:
- To support the teaching staff and work with the other support staff to enhance the development and education of pupils in accordance with the aims and policies of the school
- Using acquired skills, support and deliver learning activities and contribute to the development of work programmes to facilitate effective teaching and learning.
- Provide input into the planning and evaluation of learning activities for individuals and groups of pupils to enable the teaching staff to make informed decisions when developing their plans
- Supervise the activities of individuals or groups of pupils both in and out of the classroom (including educational visits) to ensure their safety and facilitate their physical and emotional development in accordance with the school's behaviour management policy
- Monitor individual pupil's progress, achievements and development and report these to the teaching staff/line manager to inform decisions taken regarding the Individual Education Plan, Behaviour Plans and Personal Care Programmes for a pupil
- Liaise with parents and carers in conjunction with the teaching staff to ensure effective communication concerning the pupils' well being
- Attend to the personal and physical needs of pupils so that their well being is maintained
- Record pupil information as specified by the teaching staff/line manager to ensure the schools information systems are maintained
- Prepare and maintain learning resources and ensure that the classroom is kept tidy so that the needs of the lesson plans are met in a safe learning environment, which complies with relevant health and safety requirements
- Display and present the pupils' work, under the direction of teaching staff so that it enhances the classroom environment and celebrates achievement.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with children and parents
- Excellent organisational skills
- Administrative and basic IT skills
- Calm and caring nature
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work on own initiative
- A commitment to quality in all areas, with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
- Ability to write reports and keep clear and accurate records
- Empathy and understanding of children under five
- Able to perform under stress
- A good sense of humour
- Not required but desirable level 2 qualification.
- Desirable GCSE Grade 4/C or above or equivalent qualification in Math and English.
- To gain a recognised level 3 qualification and secure employment depending on company finances at the time.
- This could lead to further development roles within the early years sector.
Things to consider
Please consider the location of the setting and the business opening hours.
DBS check will need to be carried out.
About the employer
Henhurst Ridge Primary Academy is a new primary academy with impressive facilities in Burton Upon Trent and is part of REAch2 Academy Trust; the largest primary only academy trust in the country. Henhurst Ridge prides itself on providing an excellent educational experience for all its students, ensuring they fulfil their potential.
An exciting and innovative curriculum is made special by a wide range of unique learning experiences enabled by superb resources. Inspirational and talented staff across the school engage all learners in reaching the highest standards. High aspirations and expectations encompass the life of the school and support the development of children with high self-esteem, self-discipline and strong community spirit.
Henhurst Ridge Primary Academy firmly believes that parents are our partners and that together we can give the children in our care the very best possible start in life. Together, working with the local community we can ensure that we develop responsible, well-rounded citizens for now and the future. Please read on and find out more about our amazing school…
Henhurst Ridge Primary Academy
TOTAL PEOPLE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Total People Ltd
- Training to be provided by Total People LTD If GCSE's are not already held in English and Maths at grade 4 or above then there will be a requirement to undertake functional skills with Total People.
- To achieve a Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
- End Point Assessment - there will be a requirement to reach Gateway and complete your End Point Assessment. Full training will be given.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.