Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice trendy locks @ wigston
Trendy Locks are looking for a motivated individual to join their team to start their hairdressing career. They are looking for a motivated individual to join the team!
Closing date: 15 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2021
11 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The apprentice will be expected to do the following duties as part of their apprenticeship:
- To meet and greet clients and take them to their seating area
- To observe stylist
- To practice on block heads and be responsible for bringing in models for assessments or training days
- Shampoo and condition
- Styling and finishing
- Colour and lighten hair
- In time to be on reception and answer the phone to book in appointments
Requirements and prospects
- Customer service
- Communication skills
- Excellent personal hygiene
- Thirst for learning
- Passion for hairdressing
- Fluent in speaking English
- Able to read and write in English
- Maths GCSE or equivalent C/4 qualification would be an advantage, but not essential, as training will be given
On successful completion of NVQ level 2 hairdressing, there may be the opportunity to progress onto NVQ level 3 hairdressing and good training programme.
Things to consider
Applicants must have a realistic idea of what it is like to work as an apprentice in the hairdressing industry and must be willing to help out with the less glamorous tasks such as cleaning!
Please be aware that when working as a hairdressing apprentice part of your daily jobs will be to clean and tidy the salon.
There will be some long periods of standing. Applicants also need to ensure that they are willing to work Saturdays and at least one late evening before applying for the position as this is a requirement when working in the hairdressing industry.
About the employer
Trendy Locks @ Wigston specialise in Hair extensions.
Hair, Beauty, nails and sunbeds.
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788 820132 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Hairdressing Diploma
- Functional skills in maths and English if required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.