Apprentice Technical Hardware Engineer Microlise Limited
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice Technical Hardware Engineer with Microlise a telematics solutions company. You will work towards a Level 3 Information Communications Technician apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
26 Sep 2021
10 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Are you looking to kick-start your career within Telematics or Auto Electrics? Are you looking for a new opportunity and challenge, to grow and develop your career? How about the opportunity to join a leading telematics company, who works with transport operators and vehicle manufacturers throughout the world such as JCB, Eddie Stobart and the leading supermarkets? We’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for Apprentice Technical Hardware Engineer who is keen to start their career within the telematics industry. As you will be providing continued support to a specific customer, this role will be based within the Woking area and include nationwide travel. In this role, you support the team to ensure the Microlise product portfolio is fully integrated into the customer’s assets; the installation, service and support of our product suite and peripherals both in the UK and overseas.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Timely visits to customer sites to undertake the installation, service, and support of Microlise products
- Completing survey visits and identifying suitable solutions
- Completing QA visits on Microlise products and peripherals in customer assets
- Inventory management
- Responsible for the upkeep and safety of your vehicle and all provided tools /equipment
- Liaise with customers at all levels
- Provide support to your peers and contractor resource where required
- Ensure administration is concise, accurate and professional
- Adhere to all internal process and procedures
- Report on statistical information when required
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge and understanding of auto electrics and/or telematics
- Experience of working to Service Level Agreements and Operational Schedules, but not essential as training is provided
- Evidence of strong customer service skills with a professional and methodical approach
- Strong desire to learn and develop your skills within this industry
- Be able to wok autonomously, solve problems independently and adhere to agreed processes
- Valid Passport for travel
- Take pride in what you do ensuring quality and accuracy
- Understanding of vehicle wiring diagrams and ability to interpret these would be ideal
5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including English Language and maths.
When your groceries arrive at your door or you sign for your online parcel, one or more of our software, telematics or proof-of-purchase solutions has probably been used. Supporting 14 of the UK’s 15 largest retailers, we count household names such as JCB, Eddie Stobart, Carlsberg, Waitrose, and Royal Mail as customers.
Proudly Midlands-based, Microlise has been privately-owned for thirty years. Our growing business is guided by our culture which drives the way we behave, the way we work, the way we connect with our customers, and the way we support and develop our people.
Things to consider
The head office for Microlise is located in Nottingham. This will be a remote based role, located in Tilbury / Dartford.
You will be travelling to different sites, where required. As such, there isn’t a fixed base in Tilbury / Dartford.
A full UK Driving Licence is required (due to the nature of the role).
As well as a generous starting salary, you will be provided with a company car.
We believe in our culture, values, and staff successes, take a look around our new careers page to see why our employees love Microlise. We believe in developing our staff and support our employees with their professional development goals.
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays, increasing by 1 a year to 30 days
- Recognition of service from your 1st year and other anniversaries
- Vitality Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme and subsidised eye tests and glasses
- Free Costco membership
- 20% off EE mobile and line rental
- Local discounts including Raleigh
- Great staff extras Easter eggs, yearly BBQ, Christmas gifts and annual staff awards!
- Free tickets to the British Superbikes, come and support Microlise Cresswell racing and the team!
About the employer
Our mission at Microlise is to support organisations to run their business more cost-effectively, compliantly, and efficiently.
Our telematics, real-time journey management and proof of delivery solutions unlock profitability, simplify processes, and strengthen safety and customer engagement, while reducing environmental impact.
Our business is supported by our culture which guides the way we behave, the way we work, the way we connect with our customers, and the way we support and develop our people.
Additional location information
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Tom Lindley 01133500333 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Estio Training programme gives people the opportunity to get experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician apprenticeship standard with training in areas such as:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Cabling tasks
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Installing Hardware
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Maintaining telecommunications networks
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.