Business Administration Apprentice WD Close & Sons Ltd
A fantastic opportunity has recently become available to become a business administration apprentice within a well known and established company. This exciting role will ideally suit someone who has excellent writing skills. If you are a confident and dynamic individual then this is the apprenticeship for you.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
27 Sep 2021
16 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The role will involve working in the Quality Assurance Department as part of the document control team.
The role will cover all manner of administration related duties including:
- Dealing with telephone enquiries from customers and colleagues
- Typing up important documents
- Diary entry and organisation
- Produce and organise data
- Filing and maintaining documentation
- Both sending and receiving emails
- Undertake ad-hoc tasks as necessary to meet the business needs and for your own personal development
- This position requires a high degree of attention to grammar and punctuation
As the business administration apprentice you will undertake and successfully complete the business administration programme within an agreed timeline.
The employer requires someone who is adaptable and is willing to learn and take on new challenges. It is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a successful company with an excellent longstanding reputation.
Requirements and prospects
- Willingness to learn and have a positive attitude
- Good communication skills and have an interest in business administration and want an apprenticeship
- Good timekeeping
- Experience within administration is essential for this role
- The ideal candidate will have GCSEs, or equivalent, grade C/4 or above in maths, English and ICT
- Please note that level 2 adult literacy and level 2 adult numeracy will not be accepted. This is due to the apprenticeship awarding body’s requirements
- An excellent opportunity to progress in a team of colleagues and learn several aspects of the business
Things to consider
- Candidate’s successful application will lead to an aptitude test and interview with Tyne North Training and an interview with the prospective employer
About the employer
Established in 1983, WD Close and Sons Ltd are a family owned company, we have always striven to offer an exacting sub-contract service by regular investment in plant, machinery, systems and people.
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, our two main fabrication facilities operate twenty four seven. The inland facility is a fully covered 8826m² fabrication hall containing several overhead cranes up to 60T and items of heavy engineering equipment. The other is a riverside facility allowing access to open seas only four kilometres down river to the east. This facility has covered fabrication halls giving 6500m² of floor area containing overhead cranes and also a hard standing pad approximately 8100m².
We also have extensive facilities to carry out marine repairs, modifications, conversions and mobilisations and also two wet berths 210m long with depths of 7.5m and 9.1m. WD Close and Sons Ltd provide a complete service in the supply of fabrications to the Oil and Gas, Sub Sea, Renewable energy, MOD and General Engineering Industries throughout the UK.
As part of WD Close and Sons commitment to continuous improvement in Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental we have achieved the following standards and accreditation: - ISO 9001: 2008 Quality Assurance formalises established principles and practices and provides a basis for continuous improvements. - BS OHSAS 18001: 2007 Health and Safety Management at Work confirms our ongoing commitment to a positive culture of health and safety, both in the factory and on site, implemented IS 14001 to help maintain and improve an environmental management system, we have recently achieved ISO 3834 quality requirements for welding and are now registered on Achilles FPAL as a supplier to the oil and gas sector.
TYNE NORTH TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Tyne North Training Ltd
Niamh Jones 0191 2626860 email@example.com
- Advanced Business Administrator Standard
- The apprenticeship also includes Employment Rights and Responsibilities as well as Personal Learning and Thinking Skills qualifications
- The successful candidate will work towards a BTEC level 3 qualification and level 2 functional skills, should they be required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.