Barbering Apprentice Headhunters
Headhunter's are looking for an enthusiastic and confident person to join a busy salon based in Oldham.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2021
09 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Headhunter's are looking for someone to work in a modern, stylish and fast paced salon, the successful candidate will be working as a Salon Apprentice.
The duties and responsibilities involved in this role include:
- Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner
- Assisting qualified hairdressers with washing hair, providing treatments at the backwash and drying hair
- After relevant training, some basic cutting and styling will be involved in this role, this will become more complex as your skills develop
- Making new appointments for clients
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
- Assisting with reception duties and offering clients refreshments
Requirements and prospects
- Good customer service and communication skills
- A desire to develop your skills and success in the industry
- You must be organised and have good attention to detail
- Good hand/eye co-ordination is vital for this role
- You must be driven and have an enthusiastic approach to your work
- You must be able to follow instructions
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- Good timekeeping to meet client demand
- A professional appearance is essential
- Able to work as part of a team and adapt to client’s personalities
No formal qualification required. All we ask for is that you have a passion and desire to succeed within the Hairdressing industry.
- This is a perfect opportunity to get into Barbering, earning salaries, when qualified, on average of £25,000+ a year
- Potential securing a permanent job within the same company on completion of your qualification
- Opportunities to become your own boss, working mobile, working abroad, working on model runways and cruise ships. The opportunities are endless
- Progression on to a Teaching Qualification
Things to consider
- This role will involve working with chemicals, heated equipment and sharp scissors - We will train you to work safely and practically within your salon and the training school
- If you are short-listed for this role, you will have to attend an interview with the training school before we send you out to the advertised salon for an interview, but don’t worry if that salon is not for you as we will help you to get more interviews over time!
- You are required to provide your own kit/equipment, Michael John will offer you a discounted kit complete with everything you will need to start your career, whether this is Barbering or Hairdressing
- This role may include weekend work depending on your salon and maybe one late night
About the employer
Headhunter's are looking for someone to work in a modern, stylish and fast paced salon, the successful candidate will be working as a Salon Assistant.
Michael John Training Manchester
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Michaeljohn
Recruitment Team 0161 819 2662 email@example.com
The development of skills will be gained working with the employer and the Training School according to your own individual Apprenticeship training plan (between 1 year and 1week – 2 years).
- Barbering NVQ level 2
- Functional Skills maths and English
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.