Hairdressing Apprenticeship Salon 51
We are looking for an enthusiastic applicant with a passion for the industry and a determination to succeed in their hairdressing career. Your apprenticeship employment will be with a reputable salon in SK8, working in partnership with MJTS. Candidates will initially attend an interview with MJTS before having an interview with the Employer.
Closing date: 08 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
09 Aug 2022
09 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are currently working with an employer in the Cheadle area looking for an enthusiastic and confident individual with passion and determination to make a successful career in hairdressing. Hairdressing requires applicants to be focused, reliable and committed to your training and salon. As an apprentice working in a modern, stylish and fast-paced salon you will learn and develop your personal/ employability skills to become a qualified professional.
Your responsibilities of the role require:
- Punctuality, good timekeeping and attendance
- A keen interest in the industry, by being presentable and portraying a professional image at all times
- Good behaviours and values required in working with the colleagues and clients
- Positive commitment and dedication to learning, training and the development of skills
- Meet planned targets from tutorials and progress reviews, agreed with the employer, teacher and yourself during your apprenticeship
Your duties are to:
- Be available, helpful and friendly assisting the stylists and clients with day to day activity
- Welcome clients offering hospitality refreshments and seating
- Greet clients and preparing them ready for stylists and services
- Assist the reception by answering the phone, booking appointments and handling enquiries
- Communicate and work as team member
- General housekeeping throughout the day to ensure the salon is always welcoming to the client
- Work hard to get good results and develop your skills at each stage of training
- Support stylist with services from shampooing, applying back wash treatments working up to more complex services such as Styling and drying, colour application as your skills develop
The development of skills will be gained working with the employer and the Training School according to your own individual Apprenticeship training plan (between 1 year and 1 week – 2 years).
Requirements and prospects
- Good customer service and communication skills
- A desire to develop your skills and success in the industry
- You must be driven and have an enthusiastic approach to your work
- You must be able to follow instructions
- You must be organised and have good attention to detail
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- Good timekeeping to meet client demand
- Good attention to detail is vital to this roll
- A professional appearance is essential
- Able to work as part of a team and adapt to client’s personalities
Formal qualifications are useful but not essential as Michaeljohn Training School is an Equal Opportunities Training School, we welcome people from all backgrounds. Treating people fairly, according to their needs.
- This is a perfect opportunity to get into hairdressing earning salaries, when qualified, on average of £25,000+ a year
- Potential securing a permanent job within the same company on completion of your qualification
- Opportunities to become your own boss working mobile, working abroad, working on model runways and cruise ships. The opportunities are endless
- Progression to a Level 3 NVQ Qualification or a Barbering Qualification
- Progression on to Teaching Qualification
Things to consider
- This role will involve working with chemicals, heated equipment and sharp scissors – We will train you to work safely and practical within your salon and the training school
- If you are short-listed for this role, you will have to attend an interview with the training school before we send you out to the advertised salon for an interview, but don’t worry if that salon is not for you we will help you to get more interviews over time!
- You are required to provide your own kit/equipment, Michaeljohn will offer you a discounted kit complete with everything you will need to start your career
- This role may include weekend work depending on your salon and maybe one late night
About the employer
Salon 51 are looking for someone who will impress them with their passion for hairdressing to work in a modern, stylish and fast paced salon, the successful candidate will be working as a salon assistant making their dreams a reality and building themselves up in the hairdressing industry.
Michael John Training Manchester
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Michaeljohn
Recruitment 01618192552 firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for someone who will impress us with their creativity and determination, making their dreams a reality and working their way up in the industry, meeting lifelong friends and clients. You will be in the training school one day a week working alongside your dedicated assessor that will stay with you throughout your course and in the salon for the other 4 days a week where you will receive regular visits from our reviewers to check your progress.
- Hair Professional level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.