Hairdressing Apprentice Sherlocks
Sherlocks are looking for someone who has a desire to succeed in the Hairdressing industry. You will be working in a modern, stylish and fast-paced salon.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2021
09 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The duties and responsibilities involved in this role include:
- Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner
- After relevant training, some cutting, and styling will be involved in this role - this will become more complex as your skills develop
- Working on the reception desk and booking client appointments
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
- Offering clients refreshments
Requirements and prospects
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Good timekeeping to meet client demand
- Good co-ordination is vital for this role
- You must be driven and have an enthusiastic approach to your work
- You must be able to follow instructions
- You must be organised and have good attention to detail
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- A desire to develop your skills and success in the industry
- A professional appearance is essential
- Able to work as part of a team and adapt to client’s personalities
No qualifications required, just a passion for hair.
- This is a perfect opportunity to get into Hairdressing, earning salaries, when qualified, on average of £25,000+ a year
- Potential of securing a permanent job within the same company on completion of your qualification
- Opportunities to become your own boss, working mobile, working abroad, working on model runways and cruise ships. The opportunities are endless
- Progression on to a Teaching qualification
Things to consider
This role will involve working with chemicals, heated equipment and sharp scissors - We will train you to work safely and practically within your salon and the training school.
If you are short-listed for this role, you will have to attend an interview with the training school before we send you out to the advertised salon for an interview, but don’t worry if that salon is not for you as we will help you to get more interviews over time!
You are required to provide your own kit/equipment, Michael John will offer you a discounted kit complete with everything you will need to start your career, whether this is Barbering or Hairdressing.
This role may include weekend work, depending on your salon and maybe one late night.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Sherlocks is a modern salon based in Marple Bridge. It is a fast paced, central business and they are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic, passionate apprentice who has a keen interest in hairdressing.
Michael John Training Manchester
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Michaeljohn
Recruitment Team 01618192552 firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful applicant will secure a place at Michael John Training School, where they will complete:
- NVQ Level 2 Hairdressing qualification
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.