Apprentice Assistant Chef Wynyard Golf Club Ltd
Wynyard Golf Club are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as an Apprentice Assistant Chef. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship
Closing date: 08 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
15 Oct 2021
09 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist more senior chefs in preparing meals in either part or in full
- Responsible for executing allocated dishes on time to the required standard
- Work as part of the kitchen team under the direction of the head chef, sous chef and chef de parties to support the demands of the kitchen
- Attend college and complete apprenticeship
- Work in a clean and tidy manner
- Undertake training as required
- Maintain a positive and proactive attitude at all times
- Actively seek to improve skills and achieve personal development
- Comply with all Health and Safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Comply at all times with the Staff Code of Conduct.
- Complete College work in a timely manner
Requirements and prospects
- Pride in delivering excellent service
- Good teamwork ethic
- Strong communication and listening skills
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Organised multitasker
- Ability to follow instructions and work well in a team
- Attention to detail and creativity for food presentation
- Keen to develop your skills in the hospitality sector and enthusiastic to learn
- A passion for cooking
- A smart and tidy appearance with high standard of cleanliness and hygiene
- Flexibility to work weekends, evenings and holidays
- A* - D in maths and English or equivalent is preferred by the employer
- Potential progression routes
Things to consider
This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships. Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship. For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills. Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview. Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days. Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed.
Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
About the employer
- Golf Club, Bar, Restaurant and Wedding Venue
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
- Level 2 Commis Chef qualification
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.