Hairdressing Apprentice EVELYN.C LTD
House of Evelyn are looking for an enthusiastic and confident person to join a busy salon.
Closing date: 10 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
28 Jul 2022
09 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The duties and responsibilities involved in this role include:
- Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner
- Assisting qualified hairdressers with washing hair, providing treatments at the backwash and drying hair
- After relevant training, some basic cutting and styling will be involved in this role, this will become more complex as your skills develop
- Making new appointments for clients
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
- Assisting with reception duties and offering clients refreshments
Requirements and prospects
No formal qualification required, just a desire to succeed in the hairdressing industry.
- A desire to develop your skills and success in the hairdressing industry
- You must be driven and have an enthusiastic approach to your work
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- Good customer service and communication skills
- A professional appearance is essential
- You must be able to follow instructions
- You must be organised and have good attention to detail
- Good hand/eye co-ordination is vital for this role
- Formal qualifications are useful but not essential
- Michaeljohn Training School is an Equal Opportunities Training School; we welcome people from all backgrounds. Treating people fairly according to their needs
- Securing a permanent job within the company on completion of the NVQ 2 Qualification
- Progression to a Level 3 NVQ Qualification or a Barbering Qualification
Things to consider
- This role WILL involve unsociable hours – Working Saturdays and at least one late night per week; you must have a flexible approach to your work
- If you are short-listed for this role, you may have to attend more than one interview
- You may be required to provide your own KIT/equipment in order to complete your qualification
- This role will involve working with chemicals, heated equipment and sharp scissors
About the employer
House of Evelyn are looking for someone who will impress them with their passion for hairdressing to work in a modern, stylish and fast paced salon, the successful candidate will be working as a salon assistant making their dreams a reality and building themselves up in the hairdressing industry.
Michael John Training Manchester
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Michaeljohn
Recruitment Team 01618192552 firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will secure a place at Michaeljohn Training School, where they will complete their NVQ Level 2 hairdressing qualification a alongside qualifications in functional skill in maths and English.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.