Business Administrator/ Accounts Apprentice Cargo Secure Ltd
This position will be an apprentice position within the accounts function of Cargo Secure.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
20 Sep 2021
13 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
It will be a very varied role, learning the whole function of accounts within a business.
Initially it will revolve around learning the programme that we use. It will then develop whereby you will learn the following areas:
- Purchase Ledger- checking and adding invoices to the system
- Sales Ledger- Chasing debt
- Payroll- Collating information for the accounts manager to process
Requirements and prospects
- Someone that is able to structure their own workload, ensuring that their desk space is well organised to avoid mistakes
- Is able to learn a new computer system, and has a mathematical brain
- Natural team player
- Willingness to learn
- Someone that is easy to get on with, willing to get stuck in and has a can do attitude
- Excellent team player, and willing to help out to get the job done
- 5 GCSE's or equivalent to include mathematics, English and science would be ideal but not essential
- Develop within the team and have specific roles that you will be accountable for. Such as Payroll
- As cargo secure progress 2 different businesses information, there is the chance that the smaller of the 2 could also be solely managed by yourself
- We would wish to put the candidate through their AAT so they have the specific knowledge and understanding as to why certain parts of the accounts function are done in certain ways
Things to consider
- Start time and travel to work/location
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Actual address: Dyke Road, Felixstowe, IP11 3BG
We are a warehousing and logistics company, having worked in the Port of Felixstowe for the past 30 years. We are gradually expanding and now work for some of the biggest UK companies.
Our niche is still working with heavy cargo, hence why we have a 90T crane on site.
We have almost 40 staff members working for us, having grown substantially in the past 24 months.
W S TRAINING LTD.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by W S Training Ltd
Rachael Jones 07793444962 email@example.com
- Business Administration Level 3 Standard
- ERR Employment Rights and Responsibilities workbook
- PLTS – Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Level 2 Functional Skills in mathematics
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in ICT
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.