Commis Chef Apprentice Feathers Hotel
If you are looking for your next step in your career as a Chef, then why not join our passionate team at The Feathers Hotel. Each one of our Chefs cooks with love and passion for the food they create and would love to teach you how to do the same!
Closing date: 08 Oct 2021
£138.60 to £267.30
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
15 Oct 2021
10 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties to include:
- You will learn how to create dishes using the correct methods
- You will ensure food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- You will prepare, cook and present food to company specification
- You will keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
- You will gain a good understanding of kitchen equipment
- You will work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and report any maintenance issues
- You will keep up to date with new products & menus
- You will adhere to company policies, procedures and licensing laws
- You will carry out instructions as given by management
- You will assist the kitchen team in sourcing local produce
- You will help to design menu ideas from your own inspiration
- You will prepare the perfect plate, every time, in line with set standards
- You will work closely with your kitchen team to ensure that together each service is smooth and efficient
- You will understand our policy, process and specs, maintaining a kitchen that meets the highest levels of safety and hygiene standards
- You will understand the key performance indicators your kitchen is measured against and work hard to positively influence these whilst on shift
Requirements and prospects
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Very reliable
- Passion for cooking and enthusiastic in the kitchen
GCSE at grade 3/D or above/equivalent.
Future full time role with employer and further progression onto another qualification
Things to consider
Please note the role is advertised at the higher wage but the rate is NMW according to age whilst on the apprenticeship.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The Feathers Hotel, Eatery and Coffee House Our 16th century coaching inn is so much more than just a Yorkshire Inn with rooms. We offer warming fires in winter, a large courtyard in summer, and superb seasonal menus that showcases the very best of North Yorkshire and beyond. Our bar provides a welcoming sanctuary to stop and enjoy a drink. With a fully-stocked bar featuring a wide range of both alcoholic and non-alcohol beverages, it’s the perfect place for long, lazy afternoons, the start of a great night or to enjoy one for the road at the end of an evening.
The Feathers Hotel is part of The Coaching Inn Group, which has a passion for restoring lovely old historic coaching inns. We have built a portfolio of these stunning buildings through refurbishing, revitalising and breathing life back into these inns, creating elegant, comfortable and well-priced accommodation and relaxed and stylish bars, coffee houses & eateries.
SMART TRAINING AND RECRUITMENT LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Smart Training & Recruitment
Smart Training email@example.com
Commis Chef Intermediate Level Apprenticeship Level 2
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.