Front of House Apprentice (Hospitality Team Member) The Commissioners Quay Inn
The Commissioners Quay is looking to recruit a Commis Chef to join their team, Acknowledging and welcoming guests on arriving at The Inn. In line with current guidelines, seating guests at appropriately designated tables. Taking orders for food and offering refreshments.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2021
10 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Responsibilities and duties you will learn include:
- Acknowledging and welcoming guests on arriving at The Inn
- In line with current guidelines, seating guests at appropriately designated tables
- Providing information on menu availability
- Taking orders for food and offering refreshments
- If requested, knowing the menu items and providing advice
- Advising on payment methods and taking payment
- Clearing and cleaning tables in line with current guidance
- Setting tables ready for next customers
- Continuously monitoring the service area at all times to ensure clear, clean and tidy
Working as part of a team to provide an efficient, friendly but professional service
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good listening skills
- Recognising good customer service and implementing it
- Able to work as part of a team
- Very smart and clean appearance requiring very good personal hygiene
- Respectful yet friendly and approachable
Willingness to learn
GCSE Grade A-D / 3-9 in maths and English (or equivalent).
Progression to level 3, Full time employment.
Things to consider
Due to the industry, busy times are weekends and evenings so please be aware this will be within the expected working hours. This apprenticeship is delivered solely in the workplace.
As you will be working in a hospitality role, you will be on your feet for a large portion of your shift and will encounter very busy times.
About the employer
Taking pole position on Blyth’s historic quay area, step inside The Commissioners Quay Inn for fantastic home-made food, a wide range of drinks, fabulous accommodation and a very warm welcome every time. The jewel in the crown of Blyth’s impressive harbour development, The Commissioners Quay Inn makes the most of every inch of its water’s edge location. Overlooking the River Blyth and out towards the sea, this vibrant and welcoming pub with rooms has all day, every day laid-back dining, delicious drinks and 40 contemporary en-suite bedrooms.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northumberland College
Level 2 Standard
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.