Hair Dressing Apprentice GUY KREMER INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
An opportunity has arisen to learn cutting, colouring and styling techniques and learn all aspects of working in a salon. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
09 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Learn cutting, colouring and styling techniques, from the most basic to the most advanced
- Learn all aspects of working in a salon including reception duties, stock management and more
- Be part of an award winning team, occasionally helping at competitions and shows
- Enhance and hone your communication and customer service skills
- Learn excellent time management skills
Requirements and prospects
- Within Winchester or able to travel in daily
- Able to work seamlessly in a team
- Excellent at communicating with a professional manner
- Reliable and have good time keeping skills
- Friendly and polite
- Clean and well presented in both your dress and general appearance as a representative of the salon
- Willing to go above and beyond to help wherever needed
- Eager to learn all aspects of hairdressing
- Committed to furthering your training and education in salon as well as at college
Entry is subject to interview and assessment. You will need to have relevant employment. In addition, you need to have 4 GCSEs at grade D / 3 or higher, including English & maths or have achieved a Level 1 hairdressing qualification or have relevant experience* and be able to demonstrate ability equivalent to, or exceeding Level 1 in English & maths.
On completion and achievement of the standard, apprentices can progress on to Level 3 standard for Senior Hairdresser.
Things to consider
The job requires working in the city centre so parking is limited, no parking at the salon. You’ll be moving around all day so must be an active person.
About the employer
Guy Kremer is Winchester’s premier, award winning salon, opened
by celebrity hairstylist Guy Kremer over 40 years ago, set in the heart of the city over a
spacious two floors. With a large team and a stellar reputation, Guy Kremer Salon is the
perfect place for an ambitious, dedicated, hard-working apprentice to learn and grow in an
environment that promotes excellence in hairdressing and the highest standards of care and
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eastleigh College
Hairdressers will be able to shampoo and condition hair, cut hair using a range of techniques, style and finish hair to create variety of looks, and colour and lighten hair for ladies and men.
Apprentices will focus on the development of the mandatory knowledge, skills and behaviours before opting for an occupational area in Hairdressing or Barbering to develop more specific skills and techniques.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.