Apprentice Operational Data Analyst Administrator DFDS SEAWAYS PLC
We are look for somebody who can support DFDS Seaways with research, analysis and reporting of relevant information from existing sources. As an apprentice you will support the team, whilst learning how to analyse data and improve and further develop additional sources and data acquisition facilities.
Closing date: 02 Aug 2021
£161.70 to £311.85
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
03 Sep 2021
10 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As an apprentice, you will work as part of, and support a team of data analysts. You will receive full training around the role, and to understand the wider group and functions of DFDS.
Duties will include:
- Analyse data
- Create reports and identify patterns in data (using systems and software)
- Help to collect, and identify new ways of collecting data
- To support the team with all aspects of general administration
- Build & maintain relationships with Seaways PLC and DFDS Group colleagues & workforce, customers (external & internal), suppliers, professional bodies, and other appropriate groups
- Assist colleagues with project work
- Communicate with customers, suppliers and other third parties; local and Group colleagues to participate in the resolution of query or complaint expeditiously and to good effect
- All other associated duties as required
As an apprentice you will be based from Nordic House on Immingham Docks. As well as the support you receive from DFDS, you will also be visited by a Trainer, who will deliver training, set assignments, and build evidence for your apprenticeship portfolio.
Requirements and prospects
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills - knowledge of Microsoft Office packages e.g. Word, and Excel, and the ability to learn new techniques
- Smart and presentable
- Hard working
- Willing to learn
- Work well as part of a team
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Be numerically minded
- Work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Be able to offer exceptional customer service and build strong relationships with clients
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English would be an advantage.
DFDS are offering this Apprenticeship with the view of the successful candidate continuing into a permanent, full-time career.
Things to consider
The successful candidate will work from Nordic House, Western Access Road, Immingham Dock, Immingham, DN40 2LZ. Please check the employer’s location and ensure you would be able to report for work on a daily basis if successful.
About the employer
DFDS provides ferry and logistics services in Europe and Turkey, generating annual revenues of DKK 17bn. Our 8,000 employees are located on ferries and in offices across 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
Our unique network of 24 ferry routes on a fixed schedule, 55 ferries, 8 port terminals, 9,000 trailer and container units, and 8,000+ local ferry and logistics experts across Europe and Turkey will secure on-time delivery, every time.
With over 500 employees, an annual turnover of £60 million and a 175-acre site in Immingham, DFDS Seaways are the largest Roll on Roll off Shipping and Terminal Operator on the Humber. Serving 35 vessel arrivals and departures from at least 5 countries every week, DFDS moves over 725,000 units through Immingham every year. In addition, we store, handle, and move almost 700,000 tonnes of Industrial cargo such as Steel, Timber, Paper and Refuse Derived Fuel.
DFDS is the largest company combining short sea shipping and logistics in Northern Europe.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Grimsby Institute of Further & Higher Education
Paula Butterfield 01472311222 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
A bespoke programme of practical, technical, and vocational learning.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.