Advanced Apprenticeship in Childcare Bo-Peep's Nursery Limited
You will work four days a week at your nursery setting as a nursery assistant, gaining your practical experience. This will involve a range of activities from arts and crafts to singing and outdoor play. You will then attend college once a week.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Jan 2023
09 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
You will work four days a week at your nursery setting as a nursery assistant, gaining your practical experience. This will involve a range of activities from arts and crafts to singing and outdoor play. You will then attend college once a week to gain your apprenticeship qualification. Activities include:
- Maintain accurate and effective children’s records
- Respond appropriately to issues requiring confidentiality
- Support, promote and implement policies relating to diversity and equality
- Work well as part of a team
- Work with the team to ensure the smooth running of the nursery day
- Work in partnership with parents
- Attend parent events and meetings as required
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience in childcare is not a necessity but can help
- A genuine interest in wanting to care for children is essential
- Learners must be caring, professional and able to work well as a team. Good time keeping, patience and enthusiasm are all positive qualities for nursery assistants
- Reliable, punctual and trustworthy
- Enjoys being creative
- Patience and the ability to remain calm at all times
- An understanding of and respect for the diversity of families
- Appropriate level of maturity and personal confidence
- A willingness to reflect on their own practice
- The candidate can demonstrate an awareness of confidentiality requirements and basic understanding of child safeguarding
- You will be required to have a maths and English GCSE D/3 and above or equivalent
Learners can use this qualification to go into various care roles. You can progress onto the advanced apprenticeship and work your way up in the nursery going into team leading and management roles. You could also use your experience to go into teaching, nursing, midwifery, play work and social work. There are many directions you can go with your apprenticeship should you wish.
Things to consider
Childcare is not about playing with babies all day. There will be a variety of activities to plan and deliver each day. You may have key children that you look after and will have to communicate with staff, children, managers and parents at the nursery. There will be a lot of cleaning to do and you may have to work long hours, although this will vary with each employer. It is hard work but it is very rewarding.
About the employer
Bo Peep’s Day Nursery has been established since 2003. We are accommodated in a tastefully converted listed building within a conservation area on the edge of Tadley. The nursery has extensive garden facilities surrounded by fields. It is common to see a family of deer grazing in the fields. The nursery has good quality outdoor equipment for the children to enjoy and they are encouraged to play outside every day.
The nursery is registered with Ofsted (Office for Standards in Education) to care for 34 children aged 3 months to 5 years. We are open 51 weeks of the year from 7.30 to 6.00 Monday to Friday. We are closed on Bank Holidays and from 4 pm on Christmas Eve through to the first working day after the New Year.
We offer full time care and a variety of sessions for both the babies and the older children. Sessions that we cover are detailed in our price list. More flexible hours are offered to your child after their third birthday when they become entitled to the free15 hours Government funding.
CHILTERN TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chiltern Training Ltd
Admissions Team 0118 95566995 email@example.com
Level 3 Diploma in children and young People's Workforce depending on previous experience and qualifications. Intermediate apprentices will attend day release. Advanced can choose between day release, evening or Saturday classes.
Apprenticeships are made up of the Certificate or Diploma plus Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT and Paediatric First Aid certificate.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.