Apprentice Early Years Practitioner - Childrens Corner Childcare - Leeds - LS13 1DD - GK159 Children's Corner Valley View
Children's Corner, Valley View are looking for a dedicated person to care for all children in the setting. Give support to other team members throughout the nursery, as part of a team to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn, and develop.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
27 Sep 2021
10 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- To contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children in your area in conjunction with other team members
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share this with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life
- To follow the setting safeguarding procedure to ensure all children are kept safe, well and secure
- Engage in good team working and support parents and other family members
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the setting, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the setting’s philosophy is fulfilled
- Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the Manager
- Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensure the Duty Manager has initialled the report before the parent receives it
- Look upon the nursery as a "whole". Where can your help be most utilised? Be constantly aware of the individual needs of all children
- Ensure someone known and agreed by the setting and parent collects the child
- To respect the confidentiality of all information received
Requirements and prospects
- Although no experience is required a passion to work with children and supporting would be essential
- Good communication skills
You will be friendly and outgoing, approachable, and flexible in your approach.
We are looking for someone to support the team in operation of the nursery facilities, to ensure a high quality, balanced provision of leading practice education and care is delivered.
No previous qualifications are required but a willingness to learn and progress is essential.
Potential opportunity for the successful candidate to continue with employment and progression.
About the employer
Children’s Corner Childcare are a group of Childcare Nurseries, Out of School Clubs and Holiday Clubs based in Leeds.
At Children’s Corner Childcare we aim to exceed the expectations of our parents and carers. We do this by providing a high-quality, engaging childcare in a safe environment which will encourage each child to be kind, respectful and a confident learner.
You can go about your day with the confidence that your child is in safe and competent hands, on a learning adventure and having a great time.
Most parents would agree that finding the right nursery for their child is one of life’s biggest challenges. We understand what you’re going through, and our team is ready to support you and your child on your journey.
Our nurseries are designed to offer the best childcare whilst nurturing learning and exploration. We appreciate that each child is an individual, so our nursery settings and services are designed to focus on their needs at every stage of their development.
We care for babies up to five years old in our day nurseries across Leeds. We also provide a relaxing and fun time for school age children up to 11 years old in our dedicated out of school provision, and up to 13 years old in our holidays clubs. These run throughout all major school holidays and training days.
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eden Training Solutions
Gordon Kilvington 07548 239 850 email@example.com
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Alongside this you will be gaining valuable work experience and knowledge within a workplace.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.