Childcare Apprenticeship (Early Years Educator Level 3) Rainbow's End Montessori Pre School
The broad purpose of the occupation is to work and interact directly with children on a day to day basis supporting the planning of and delivery of activities, purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes within the ethos of the setting. An EYP works as part of a professional team ensuring the welfare and care for children.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Jan 2022
08 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Dates are approximate. Duties to include;
- Learning how children learn and the expected pattern of babies and children’s development from birth to 5 years and their further development from ages 5 to 7. Areas of development include: cognitive, speech, language and communication, physical, emotional, social, brain development and literacy and numeracy.
- Understand and follow the legal requirements and guidance on safeguarding, security, confidentiality of information and promoting the welfare of children.
- Understand and follow legal requirements and guidance for, Health and safety and Security.
- Be aware of and reduce the risks and hazards in the work setting.
- Refer any concerns about a baby’s or child’s development to your supervisor.
- Follow the statutory guidance in relation to the care and education of children with special educational needs and disabilities.
- Communicate with all children in ways that will be understood, including verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Use a range of learning activities to support early language development including reading, writing and number games.
- Prepare food and drinks for the children and be aware of any allergies or food intolerances.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communicator with all ages
- Able to work quickly and pay attention to detail
- Able to ask for help when needed
- Able to use own initiative
- Friendly and approachable
- Must have GCSE maths and English grade D/2 or above (or equivalent) or Functional Skills level 1 completed before the course starts
- Could progress to level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship or full time role
Things to consider
- You will have an interview with the college as the first stage before being put forward to the employer.
- Certificates for your maths and English qualifications will need to be seen before enrolling on the course.
About the employer
Rainbow’s End Montessori School is open 8am-6pm all year, offering a choice of all year round or term time only attendance
At Rainbow's End we know that, given the right environment, every child is a natural & enthusiastic learner.
That's why we are proud to offer our children & their families:
A caring, family-run setting.
Happy & enthusiastic teachers who go the extra mile to give your child an outstanding early year's experience
An impressive range of resources and activities in a very vibrant and inspiring environment " - Ofsted 2018
BOURNEMOUTH AND POOLE COLLEGE, THE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bournemouth & Poole College
Claire Clark 01202 205831 email@example.com
Attending college for theory and practical lessons with support from a tutor and assessor. You will also learn in the workplace from trained professionals.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.