Apprentice Sous Chef Hare & Hounds
This is great opportunity to train in a family run pub restaurant. Who pride themselves in great pub food. You will be involved in and learning how to prepare, cook and present great food for our customers
Closing date: 27 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
28 Oct 2021
09 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are looking for someone who has a keen interest in the hospitality industry and wants to learn new skills as a junior sous chef and to progress in a fast growing business.
- Learn to prepare, cook and present great food for our customers
- Take control of our daily specials board and bring new ideas
- Play your part in maintaining high standards
- Get involved with new menu development
- Develop new skills in kitchen management, health & safety and food hygiene
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication Skills
- Good timekeeping
- Work good within a Team
- Willing to learn new skills
- Maintain high standards
- Be able to take control when needed
- Trust worthy
- Average grades
- Potential to progress to a leadership role in a fast growing business. There is also scope to be involved with other areas of the business, including catering for functions and our new hotel letting rooms.
Things to consider
- Work with us and see your wages rise as you develop new skills, as well as having the opportunity to earn a regular bonus.
- Obtain professional industry recognised qualifications
- Gain experience in a commercial catering kitchen
- Benefit from regular and reliable working hours each week
- You’ll be working with our staff team in a fun environment where everyone gets stuck in.
- No previous experience required.
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The Hare and Hounds is owned and managed by brothers Oliver and Alastair Brookes who took over in 2013 and are supported by a team of staff who worked together for many years at Oliver’s former pub in Halesowen, before moving to Blakedown. Our staff team have a combined experience of over 50 years in the trade.
Hare & Hounds
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Apprenticeship Works
Bev 0121 544 6455
- Hospitality Level 2
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.