Apprentice Early Years Educator- Corner House Nursery - Sheffield - S6 4ED - GK157 Corner House Nursery School
Corner House nursery in Sheffield has a fantastic opportunity for a driven and passionate individual to join their team. You must already have a level 2 childcare qualification and experience. To be a proactive member of a staff team who provides a safe, stimulating and inclusive environment in which babies and young children are supported.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
09 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- To ensure high standards in all aspects of care and development in line with the EYFS for all children attending the nursery
- To organise resources for activities and experiences in the nursery
- To assist in enhancing the developmental progress of all children
- To implement the daily routine within the nursery
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness and good housekeeping within the nursery at all times
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of all the Nursery’s policies and procedures; ensuring that they are followed and respected at all times
- To plan and carry out a range of exciting activities suitable for the age and development of children attending in conjunction with Management, Supervisors and Room Leaders
- To assist in providing a safe, supportive and caring environment for young children while in the care of Corner House nursery: to ensure that all aspects of each individual child’s development are given full consideration, and support all staff to meet these requirements
- To be proactive in the process of activity planning, child observations and development records
- Keep updated with any changes to legislation, distribute and update where needed
- Recognise where and when change is needed discuss any ideas with Room Leader/ Lead Supervisor or Management when appropriate. Implement changes agreed
- To ensure that communication with children, parents and the staff team is polite, upbeat, enthusiastic and courteous at all times. To support all staff and engage as a team member
- To maintain confidentiality about all issues related to children and their families; you’re own, other staff and any management issue
- To work with individual children or groups of children providing a range of activities or experiences which will promote development
- To provide additional support and activities which will meet the needs of children with additional needs
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to use own initiative and common sense at all times
- Ability to communicate on all levels (to children, carers, parents and or guardians)
- A happy, positive attitude and approach to work at all times
- To provide a caring environment for all children
- Ensure that everyone is made to feel welcome within the nursery: Children, Parents, Visitors and Staff
You must have a solid understanding of GCSE in maths and English or equivalent and have already attained a Childcare L2 qualification and your looking to progress onto a level 3.
For the successful candidate there is the possibility of ongoing employment upon completion of the relevant qualification.
About the employer
Corner House Nursery give your child the best start in life by giving them lots of exciting, wonderful and challenging play experiences. Staff let them have fun and enjoy their precious childhood while teaching them respect for others, an eagerness to lean new things and an independent spirit.
The beautiful Victorian building is set in a third of an acre of land and offers 4 exciting outdoor play areas, including an adventure playground and a nature garden. A new open plan kitchen has two on site cooks who provide tasty, healthy home cooked meals and snacks using fresh and locally sourced ingredients, and provides children with an excellent opportunity to join in and learn about healthy eating.
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eden Training Solutions
Gordon Kilvington 07548 239 850 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.