Administration and Customer Service Apprentice Sovereign Auto Enrolment Solutions Ltd
This apprenticeship opportunity within Sovereign Auto Enrolment Solutions Ltd is an attractive alternative to University and will give you a head start in your financial services career.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2021
£10,000.00 - £12,000.00
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
10 Oct 2021
09 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The successful applicant will spend their first year in the company completing a Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 apprenticeship, becoming comfortable with the back-office role.
After completing the Customer Service Practitioner Level 2, you will be given the opportunity to complete your financial exams and choose your own route in the finance industry.
There are many perks within the company and hard work is recognised and rewarded.
You will be working in an office alongside a team, providing support and administrative services.
The role will include some of the following areas:
- General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail and letter
- To undertake filing, photocopying and distribution of relevant documents.
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries
- Responsible for co-ordinating the post
- Support to members of the Management Team
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word and Excel
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors.
- Providing refreshments for visitors when required
- Dealing with stationery/stock levels and reordering as and when appropriate
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
- Dealing with requests for information
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development. The requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions
- Attend and be punctual for all lessons with regards to your apprenticeship programme
- Complete all required assignments with regards to your apprenticeship by the required timeline
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going during your apprenticeship programme
- Access support from your tutor/assessor as and when required
- Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when required
- Attend all work-based training/support sessions
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- Polite, clear and professional telephone manner
- Must have a good level of literacy skills
- IT literate and have a good understanding of Microsoft Packages
- Ability to be organised and to meet targets set to complete the required work-based evidence, assignments and logging of all work completed towards completion of your apprenticeship programme - your employer will also support you with these requirements
- Confident in using email and the internet
- The successful candidate will be organised
- Willing to work effectively in the team
- Have a good standard of numerical skills
- Be good with verbal and written communication skills
- Be happy to work as a small, busy team to meet deadlines
- Be a dynamic individual who can deal with an ever-changing work-load
- An enthusiastic individual
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload
- Friendly and approachable
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development
- Be interested in finance
- A full driving licence would also be preferable, but is not necessary
- Have GCSE’s in maths and English to grade C/4 or above (or the equivalent)
- Be awaiting their A Level results
- Functional/Key Skills Level 2 in maths and English is accepted as an equivalent
- An IT qualification would be an advantage
- There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment, as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification
- There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications
Things to consider
There are good transport links by bus.
Please check cost and time it will take to travel.
The office also has onsite parking.
Following applying for this vacancy the first stage, after your initial application, will be to attend an interview with Nichola Barnes via Zoom. If you do not attend this interview your application will not progress any further.
For any further information on this vacancy please contact Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College on E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile Number: 07788 390025.
Apprenticeship Team: email@example.com
No contact should be made with the employer at this initial stage, the College is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
The salary may be negotiable. This will depend on experience.
The salary may also increase after a probationary period, if the budget allows, following successful employment and production of the required work towards achieving the qualifications towards the apprenticeship training programme.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Your employer will allow you time off for study and this will be part of your contract of employment. You should attend all required classes and keep up to date with any set work.
About the employer
Sovereign Auto Enrolment Solutions was set up in 2016 to provide a service to local businesses starting out on the process of dealing with the new auto enrolment regulations. From those early beginnings, the company has grown to over 200 clients providing auto enrolment options, pension and payroll integration and specialising in tailoring bespoke auto enrolment solutions for each client. Our knowledge and experience in this area ensures full compliance with the workplace pension legislation, leaving the employer to focus on running the business. Our clients come from all types of business sectors including manufacturing, financial services and other service sectors.
We are proud that we maintain a personal contact with all our clients and provide excellent customer service.
Sovereign Auto Enrolment Solutions Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Nichola Barnes 07788 390025 firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview of Customer Service Apprenticeship Standard.
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers.
The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
- Behaviours / Attitude
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Equality - treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation - dress code, professional language
- “Right first time”
You will complete an End Point Assessment which will involve the following:
- Practical Observation
- Professional Discussion
Functional Skills: Level 1 and then Level 2 in maths and English (Exemptions may apply if Grade A* - C/9-4 GCSE, or equivalents, Functional/Key Skills Level 1 or 2 has been achieved.
You are given one day per week as time off to study. You will attend classes via Teams and complete work for your apprenticeship. The study day is a Wednesday.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.