Dental Nurse Apprentice Carlton House Dental Centre
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress into an exciting dental career in a busy dental practice which is looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to work alongside the dental team.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2021
08 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
In-house training will be given by an experienced team and the apprenticeship qualification will be provided in the workplace.
As a dental nurse, your duties would include:
- Providing chairside assistance to the dentist
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Preparing and maintaining the clinical environment
- Sterilisation of instruments
- Mixing materials
- Charting on the computer
- Complying with strict cross infection procedures
- Developing digital x-rays
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials are within the surgery
- Carrying out some reception and administrative tasks
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Our ideal candidate would have a professional approach with a hardworking attitude
- They would provide excellent patient care and show commitment to their work
- Keen to learn
- You must be of smart appearance at all times, wearing a clean and presentable uniform and have a positive attitude
- GCSE maths & English Grade C/4 and above (or equivalent) are required
- (Qualification will be checked before your application is submitted to the employer)
- An initial assessment for maths & English is also required
There are good career progression opportunities, for example, Hygienist & Practice Management and many other industry professions for the right person.
Things to consider
You will be required to have a Hepatitis B injection and pass a DBS check.
References will be required from a previous employer and/or educational provider.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
At Carlton House Dental, we offer dentistry with a difference. The range of treatments offered have all been thoroughly researched to exceed the trust and professional care that you would expect and deserve.
Carlton House offers a private service, which enables us to spend more time with each patient. We take time to talk with you to understand your specific needs and requirements. We can then offer various treatment and options that would suit you as an individual.
ANDERSON STOCKLEY ACCREDITED TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Anderson Stockley Accredited Training Ltd
Henry Smith 01604 871340 Henry@asatraining.co.uk
- Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and maths
- Health and Safety
- Equality and diversity
- First Aid at work
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.